Friday, February 6, 2015

God gives us abundant benefits each day

Pam Padgettteacher

Psalm 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

Today has been fairly quiet and when I first read this verse I hadn't been thinking of being loaded with benefits from God.  Then I started being reminded of some of the benefits God has given me today.  I truly am loaded with benefits from God, as are all who are chosen by Him and born again. 

- God wants us to turn to Him with each things we encounter, each care, each decision ... and He helps us.  Several times as I've gone about my way throughout today I have asked God to show me what to do.

One example is as I was preparing for a neighbor's dog which is recovering from surgery to stay at my house for a few days.  I asked God to help me with the preparations.  As I prepared bedding for the dog to sleep on, I started to get a blanket but then had the thought to wrap a thick towel in a soft sheet so fibers from the blanket would not get caught in the dog's stitches.  After the dog got here, I found that each thing needed was prepared and worked well. 

- God provides all of my needs.  As I look around at my life, I lack nothing and even have abundance. I have plenty of food and clothing.  My house is very comfortable and my car runs well.  Everything I need for my animals is available.  There is no want in any way. 

- The Holy Spirit lives in me.  I am never alone for God has given me His Spirit living in me, guiding me and teaching me, such as drawing my attention to Psalm 68:19 and reminding me of some of the benefits God has given me today. 

- God gives us His word showing us His ways and strengthening us.  Each day I'm able to spend time reading and meditating in the Bible and messages on the blog.  The Holy Spirit often brings thoughts to my mind giving me God's word to me in a matter.  Sometimes I'm given a dream giving me needed information.   

These are some of the many benefits God gives to each of us daily.