Saturday, February 14, 2015

The preaching of the cross of Christ

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I Cor. 1 ... 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Pam Padgett once worked at Fed Ex.  One time a man came to her cubicle and began speaking of Jesus and he said, "Even Jesus made mistakes."  Pam questioned this man and found this man thought Jesus had made a mistake and had thus gone to the cross. 

Pam began telling this man the truth about the cross and he began backing away and when Pam ended speaking she found they were all the way across the room as this man attempted to back away from Pam and tried to stop her words.

It certainly makes no sense to the world that a man would die for the ungodly.  Yet that is exactly what Jesus did.  Jesus went to the cross because it was the will of God.

Jesus said ...  15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father:and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold:them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.  Jn. 10

Phil. 2 ... 5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

We, who are of God, like Jesus often lay down our lives because we see it is the will of God that we do this thing before us.  We refuse to let our flesh do the various sins the flesh wants to do.  We are crucified with Christ so our flesh no longer gets it's way over us as it once did.

And we often lay down our lives for others, even in very small sacrifices.

For example, I do not honk my horn in my car at other drivers unless there is some kind of danger whereby I can warn that driver.  I no longer allow myself to honk my horn at that person just because he annoys me in his driving.  If I did honk at him, he would likely become angry and I would loose devils to provoke him needlessly.  I do not want to be a part of that.  This is one of those small sacrifices whereby we show charity rather than retribution.

Romans 12:21 ... 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

We do not want to be a part of provoking people to evil but rather we provoke to good.

This requires keeping that flesh crucified with Christ.  We are dead and our life is hid with Christ.  We don't allow ourselves to go about seeking to fulfill our flesh in this world as people do who do not know Christ.  Instead we work to keep our flesh under control to allow the Spirit to reign in us in the dealing of this present life.

And when we are tempted we know we can turn to God in that temptation for HE will give us that which we need in order to strengthen us so we will not have to follow that which our flesh wants to do.

I Cor. 10 ...   13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

Therefore we go another way from the people of this world.

This is the cross of Christ.  It is foolishness to the world but wise to us who are of God.  And it is the power of God.