Wednesday, February 25, 2015

From Cathy Varner ... Member of the body of Christ


Several years ago, I drove myself to a town not too far from us to go to an outdoor concert, held at an amphitheater.  I was a little late and the concert had already begun.  As I drove around looking for parking, it looked like all the parking lots were full. I came back to one parking lot that I'd driven past and it had looked full.  This time I drove in, but could not find any places.  I was praying for help.  Then, as I was nearing the exit, a van pulled out and I was able to get that parking space.  It was first row, right across from the amphitheater.  I don't think I could've found any better place.
Then recently I had developed a cold, and while mostly all the other symptoms had gone, the coughing lingered on.  I was using a specific cough drop that works really well for me.  The only one I'd ever found that is effective and yet not distasteful.  I was getting low on the last bag we had.  But I was finding that stores were not selling it anymore.  I called around to every store I thought could have it and none did. It looked pretty hopeless.  I was asking God for help.  Finally, calling the last place I was going to try, the clerk told me they didn't have it in the store, but I might be able to order it online. I hadn't thought of that.  I don't think I've ever bought anything online, though my husband does frequently.  I told him about this and he was able and ordered some.  I had prayed too, that they would arrive before I had a big need for one....at this point I was completely out.  Amazingly, during this waiting time, I was OK.  After they came in the mail, I was very glad and did feel a need to use and they have been very helpful to me.