Monday, February 16, 2015

Wise as serpents / harmless as doves

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I hardly ever think about money.  I have what I need so it is seldom in my thoughts.  But for a long time, I have felt I needed to be very cautious where my cleaning lady is concerned.  I am careful not to leave bills or ledgers open on my desk where she could see them.

Recently she came to work and saw the new firewood on the porch.  She mentioned it to me.  I told her it is pinon which is very good firewood.  She asked, "How much did it cost?"  I thought carefully and replied, "It is only $15 more than the pine and oak."  That is all I said about the matter.  I know something is wrong in her where money is concerned, so I deal differently with her.

I believe this is God's wisdom in this matter.  God knows the hearts of all.  We can't treat everyone the same way for people are not the same... "wise as serpents and harmless as doves."

Mt. 10 .. Jesus said ... 16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves:be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. 17 But beware of men:

For us, the church, we have the following instruction:

I Tim. 6 ... 5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness:from such withdraw thyself.
6 But godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. 


9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. 

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil:which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
 

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.