Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Devil spoke to Jesus and Jesus countered with words from God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus always heard from God the Father about everything.  Jesus spoke that which God said.  When the devil came to tempt Jesus, HE countered that which the devil proposed by speaking that which God said.

Mt. 4 ... 1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 
4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 

5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down:for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee:and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.  
7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 

8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 
10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan:for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 

11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

We see how opposite the thoughts of God were to the devil.

That is the same now.  The devil, who has no truth in him, brings a thought to our mind to confuse us or worry us or cause us to do the wrong thing.

Paul says:  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 6 And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.  II Cor. 10

By God though the Holy Spirit we overcome always.

God has given us HIS Spirit, the Spirit of truth, just as Jesus heard from God, we, too, hear from God by HIS Spirit.

The devil troubles us but the Spirit of God in us rises up with the truth which overcomes those thoughts brought by the devil.

Sometimes after the troubling thought comes, we turn to God in prayer to hear from Him on the matter at hand.  Other times the troubling thought comes and even before we can pray the Holy Spirit rises up in us with the antidote to the poison sent by devil.

This happened to me last November.  A women told me of her plans for the USA holiday, Thanksgiving Day.  She had 25 people coming to dinner.  Then she spoke of Christmas plans where she and her husband were going to her daughter's house.  Then she spoke of grandson who just got married.  I have none of these things ... no husband ... no children ... no grandson ... But before I could become sad or depressed, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "You are dead and your life is hid in Christ." 

"That's right!" I joyfully responded.  My life is not on this present earth.  My life is in Christ.  I remembered Col. 3 ...

1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

I have a life.  But they can't see my life for it is hidden from them.  They go about looking for a life on this earth.

Instead of being sad that I do not have a life on this earth, I rejoiced over the truth spoken by the Holy Spirit.  My life is hid with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

=======

Other times, when a troubling thought comes, I turn to God in prayer and HE brings, through the Holy Spirit, a thought, or a scripture, or a remembrance which settles me and restores peace to me.

The devil often troubles me by remembrance of the last month of my mother's life.  I put her into a place where other people cared for her rather than keep her at my home.  Why did I do that?  I had kept her with me for the previous 18 years.  Why did I cast her away in the last month of her life?

Then God, by the Holy Spirit, brought something to my remembrance to explain what I had done.

My mother was 97 years old.  She had fallen and broken her hip a second time and after that she would fall in the floor and I couldn't get her up by myself.  I would call 911 and get them to send someone to help me get her up.  Twice in one day, they sent fire department workers to help me.  After the second trip to my house the fireman said, "You're going to have to get another way to handle this.  You can't keep calling us to do it."

=============

Sometime negative thoughts will come to me about those among us.  When I remember to try that spirit, I usually find the spirit bringing that negative thought is not of God.

I Jn. 4 ... 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God:Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

I just say directly to that spirit bringing that thought: "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"

And when I ask that of that spirit, I will hear (in my mind) "yes" or "no".

Always the thoughts of the devil come to take us a way opposite from truth.

So it is critical for us to deal with thoughts that would bring us down and for us to aline ourselves with God as Jesus did.  When we have the Spirit of God we have the power to do this.

I Jn. 4 ...4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them:because greater is HE that is in you, than he that is in the world.