Monday, February 16, 2015

Choices

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The Holy Spirit does not control us.  The Holy Spirit informs us so we can know the will of God and make choices based on what HE shows us.  But HE does not make us do that which HE shows us.  There are always choices made by us in what we do.

Neither do devils cause us to do evil.  Devils suggest evil to us.  But we are the ones who make the choice.

At one point in time, in USA, there were church people called "Holy Rollers" ... individuals would fall down on floor and roll about thinking the Spirit of God was taking over causing this.  That is false.

There is a group in USA today practicing something called "slain in the spirit" where pastor touches the forehead and the person falls backward thinking it to be sign of Holy Spirit working.  This, too, is false.  These people have learned to fall backward by watching others do this and it seems spiritual to them.  But it is just their own will causing them to fall backward.  (No Bible foundation for this act.)

When I first saw this falling backward, I was at a big meeting with some church friends.  I was shocked at what I was seeing.  I said, "What is that?  What are they doing?"  A woman in our group said to me, "Haven't you seen this before?"  I replied, "No."  Later I learned to do this falling backward because it made us seem more spiritual in the group.  But it is just flesh, a learned act.

The Spirit of God does not take over and cause us to do things.  Neither does the devil take over and cause us to do things unless we allow such.

Choices are involved.  A person can choose to drink to drunkenness and today they call it a disease to make the drunk feel better about himself telling him he really can't help drunkenness sort of like a cancer victim can't help having cancer ... But if that were true about drinking, then the 12 steps used by AA wouldn't work.  You can't reason yourself out of cancer.  Which is the disease ... drunkenness or cancer?

And if drunkenness was a disease, it would not have been listed in Bible as a sin.

I Cor. 5 ...   11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.  12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within? 13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

===========

We do not have to be depressed either.  Depression is caused when we give in to thoughts telling us we don't have something like others have.  This is really covetousness which is a sin and listed in I Cor. 5.  And when we give in to such thoughts, we open doors for devil to move in and do more damage.

Instead of giving in, Paul tells us following:

Phil. 2 ... 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

If I choose to think on that which is "lovely", I make my mind change to thinking on that which God has done in my life ... how HE saved me from my sins ... how HE worked with me to change me ... how HE gave me HIS Holy Spirit ... and many other wonderful things God has done in my life.

I find it impossible to think of a lack in my life when I think of what God has done in my life.

Choices ...