Thursday, February 26, 2015

From Joseph Meriweather: Member of the body of Christ

I would like to share what I believe God have put in my heart today. I thought about King Hezekiah how the Lord told him set his house in order that he was going to die and not live. I myself thought that I also   must keep my house in order everyday of my life. One thing king Hezekiah was able to tell the Lord in 2 king 20:3 I beseech thee o Lord remember now how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart and have done that which I's good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.  I truly believe we should know if we have done God will through prayer. I want to be able  to say I done God will also.


Comments by Joan Boney

It is important to be found of HIM, in peace, without spot and blameless.  II Peter 3

Yesterday I went to lunch with a woman who is not born again.  She complained about many people as she always does when we go to lunch.  At one point, we passed a business where a commercial type bus was sitting.  The bus was painted black and had "Rock Bus" ... "Party" painted on side of bus.  It was obviously rented to groups.

This woman mentioned how much she would hate being on a bus with a bunch of people who were drinking.  I remarked that the music would be terrible.

What I didn't tell this woman is this bus is owned by the business where the man defrauded me concerning a TV I purchased from him.

I was glad not to tell this for it would set her on fire to no good and would have loosed devils to speak evil.

It was a true story ... but would not edify her ... and would have done evil.

We do have to control what we say.

Eph. 4 ... 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

"minister grace unto the hearers" ... showing God and causing rejoicing in God.


And we live honest lives in Christ Jesus (the Word).

We keep ourselves through the Holy Ghost which is in us as Paul told Timothy to do.  (II Tim. 1:14)

This past week, a TV station was rebroadcasting Academy Award winning movies from the past years.  I was interested in the performance of one award winning actress so I recorded the movie.  But the plot concerned a prostitute.  A watched a little of the performance but found the words of the actress so offensive in concept that I had to turn off the movie.

Paul said:

1 Corinthians 10:23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

Choices ... some things are better not to watch ... some thing are better not to do for they will provoke flesh and devils.

Certainly daily we "keep ourselves" by the Holy Spirit.