Thursday, February 5, 2015

God's provision like manna in wilderness

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently, Pam Padgett told the following story:

I thought of many tribulations I have encountered and how God has helped me with each, working even the problem for my good.  One example was not long ago.  I was having very severe headaches and turned to God asking for help.  My attention was drawn to the headaches being behind my eyes and I believed I was being shown to go to an eye doctor.  An eye exam showed that the prescription of my glasses needed to be changed, but it took more than a week to get the new glasses.  While waiting for the new glasses the headaches continued until the Holy Spirit reminded me to pray.  At the first signs of a headache, I would pray.  Sometimes I would be shown to do something, such as take an aspirin or to eat.  Other times the headache just went away.  Within a couple of days of praying each time a headache started, there were no more headaches. 

The glasses came in, but the frames needed to be adjusted before I could use the glasses.  The first sign of a headache was shortly before I was able to get the frames adjusted.  Obviously, the new prescription was needed, but I was spared the headaches until I was able to use the new glasses.  Since using the new glasses there have been no headaches at all.   

Although the headaches were very painful, I now rejoice when I think of this problem.  For God helped me ... showing me the eye problem, reminding me to pray, and helping me until I could get the new glasses.  

==========

When I read of how Pam was helped until she could get new glasses, I thought of the way God provided for the children of Israel in the wilderness when they could not help themselves. 

There were more than 600,000 men who came out of Egypt, plus women and children.  They were in a wilderness ... no food in sight.  God provided supernatural food for them as long as there was a need.


Ex. 16 ... 14 And when the dew that lay was gone up, behold, upon the face of the wilderness there lay a small round thing, as small as the hoar frost on the ground. 15 And when the children of Israel saw it, they said one to another, It is manna:for they wist not what it was. And Moses said unto them, This is the bread which the Lord hath given you to eat.