Saturday, February 14, 2015

Psalm 13 ... Prayers to God & Promises of God to the Church

1 How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever?
how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul,
having sorrow in my heart daily?
how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
 

3 Consider and hear me, O Lord my God:
lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him;
and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5 But I have trusted in thy mercy;
my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
 

6 I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.


==========

Comments by Joan Boney 

Ephesians 3 ... 20 Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

The "power that works in us" is the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit brings thoughts/ideas to our mind and when we do those things we move into blessings of God.  Often we end up with far more and things that we had never even thought of.  All this is because we are diligent to pay attention to those thoughts brought by the Holy Spirit and take that appropriate step as directed by the idea brought from God by HIS Spirit.

Psalm 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will HE withhold from them that walk uprightly.