Wednesday, February 14, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily
 
 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)

 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

Yesterday Pam Padgett shared the concept of putting good treasure into your heart.  Only when God reminds us of a scripture or makes that scripture stand out can we effectively use that scripture by doing what it says.

God did remind me of a scripture after I read what Pam wrote.  The scripture is I Thess. 5:14. I knew there were 4 parts but I could only remember 2 parts.  I need more time with laying this up as treasure in my heart, making it a part of me.  I recalled the first 2 parts.  But I couldn't recall parts 3 and 4 as I awoke.  This showed me I was not ready to move on to another scripture.  I needed to spend more time on this verse.

I'm going to stay with this to get all that verse inside me by thinking on it today and doing it.

I Thess. 5:14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

feeble minded:  one who is unable to make sound decisions; assist, advise

support: assist; bear all or part of the the weight of; hold up

weak:  liable to break or give way under pressure; easily damaged; lacking intensity or brightness

patient:  able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious:

Now I have to actually do these things with someone in order for this scripture to be a part of me.

I doubt that it can be effective in me in one day.  It may take my looking at this writing for several days and putting it into practice multiple times.

Joshua 1:8  shows me what is needed in me:  This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.



 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
1Peter 1:13  Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
EPHESIANS 5:18-21  AND BE NOT DRUNK WITH WINE, WHEREIN IS EXCESS; BUT BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT;
 
19. SPEAKING TO YOURSELVES IN PSALMS AND HYMNS AND SPIRITUAL SONGS, SINGING AND MAKING MELODY IN YOUR HEART TO THE LORD;
 
20. GIVING THANKS ALWAYS FOR ALL THINGS UNTO GOD AND THE FATHER IN THE
NAME OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST;
 
21. SUBMITTING YOURSELVES ONE TO ANOTHER IN THE FEAR OF GOD.
 
 
PSALMS 150:6  LET EVERY THING THAT HATH BREATH PRAISE THE LORD. PRAISE YE THE LORD. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Psalm 1:1  Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 
What is counsel?
counsel - advice, guidance, direction, instruction, information, recommendation
 
When considering what is the "counsel" of the ungodly, it is everything that is not from God ...... education .... news ...... comments at family gathering ..... advertisements ..... words said in a motion picture .... words said at work .... in the grocery store .... everywhere. What we need to do is pray about those words and heed His word about it. We cannot pray about all the words we hear but we need to pray about those that bother us. Also pray about those words that are called to our attention repeatedly. God is trying to teach us something.
 
Proverbs 8:14  Counsel is MINE, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.
 
God tells us that He is the one to guide and direct us The wisdom from Him when we pray is sound and is strong. This is where our guidance needs to originate....not what we hear in our everyday lives while out and about in the world. 

Romans 12:2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
John 14:27   Peace I (Jesus, the Word) leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. 
Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
 
peace:
- a state of calm, quiet, tranquility
- freedom from disturbance or conflict
 
Focusing on the word I'm given by the Holy Spirit in whatever I'm dealing with and going in the way shown by that word leads to peace.  
 
God knows everything about what I'm dealing with, what the future holds, and what I need in the situation.  Nothing is hidden from God.

The world offers fleshly ways of dealing with problems, such as going to a worldly counselor, trying to ignore the problem, or researching possible solutions.  These things may not help at all. 

But when we turn to God and wait to hear from HIM, then go in that way, we are helped and go in a way of peace and gratitude to God.  

The wisdom God gives to us is sure and provides many benefits to us:

Proverbs 3:13-17 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding. 
 
14 For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 
 
15 She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her. 
 
16 Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour. 
 
17 Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.
 
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Psalm 147:15-18  HE sendeth forth HIS commandment upon earth: HIS Word runneth very swiftly. 16 HE giveth snow like wool: HE scattereth the hoarfrost like ashes. 17 HE casteth forth HIS ice like morsels: who can stand before HIS cold? 18 HE sendeth out HIS Word and melteth them: HE causeth HIS wind to blow, and the waters flow. 
 
Psalm 148:8  Fire, and hail; snow, and vapor; stormy wind fulfilling HIS Word. 
 
When I read these scriptures “stormy wind fulfilling His Word,” always gets my attention. 
 
One day when I was thinking about this, I looked up the definition of “stormy wind” and found the following…strong winds usually accompanied by rain, thunder, lightening or snow. 
 
I have heard some preachers say that strong, violent storms which cause destruction of property and loss of life are caused by the devil.  

(JB  I've heard both Kenneth Copeland and Robert Tilton teach this.  If the devil caused the tornados, then why didn't some of you great men of faith take authority and turn the tornado.  Kenneth Copeland taught something he called, "The authority of the believer," that we as believers had authority over devil and therefore no devil could blow away our house ... But Copeland was twisted in his teaching for storms are caused by God as are other weather events."  One time, we had a lightning storm.  I've never before heard lightning strikes that close to the house I am in.  I cried out to God, "I'm in this house down here where that lightning is striking.  Please don't let it hit our house." Shortly after, the lightning moved away from our house!)

Barbara says:

But when I read the above scriptures, they tell me that it is God Who creates the weather, whether it is a warm, sunny day or a tornado that destroys everything in its path.

(JB ... I agree!)

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers
 
Ephesians 2:8-10  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God, Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are HIS workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
One time I had developed a rather long skin tag on my back. My clothes would brush against it and it was annoying. So I began putting a bandaid on it at all times. Finally I decided I would have a doctor remove it. I think I had turned in bed and it gave me pain.
 
I began praying about the upcoming appointment, different aspects of it and concerns.

Then, just as an afterthought, I said something like - “It would be even better if it just came off and I didn’t have to go to the doctor.”
 
The next morning after my shower, I looked in the mirror to see if the bandaid had come off. To my amazement the band aid was gone and so was the skintag! No scar or bleeding or pain. I was so excited to have that prayer answered. 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
  
 
πŸ’₯  Juliett Walton
 
Many things in this life can cause us to be concerned. This scripture tells us what to do:
 
Philippians 4:6. Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto God. 
 
7. And the peace of God , which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (The Word)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯  Joan Boney

Yesterday I went to Costco with Pam.  I told her I wasn't getting out but would wait in the car. Music was playing on sound system.  I wanted to hear sound system so I could make some adjustments in classical music sound system for the car.

Pam got out of the car and started toward Costco building.  But the car accidentally stopped running.  That caused the heater to stop and also the sound stopped!  

I tried to stop Pam but I couldn't figure out how to honk horn so I opened my door and called her name but couldn't make her hear me since her back was toward where we were parked.  She disappeared into the building.

I was left in the simi dark and cold car with no sound from the music system.

***

I realized I could entertain myself by reading Bible which I keep in the center console of the car. I got the Bible out and began reading a few verses.

Then I saw a Costco worker heading toward car.  If I could get his attention, he could start the car for me because I had that car fob that is used today as car key.  (I could have started the car myself but I was on the passenger side and I know these modern cars have to have the break touched before you push the start button and I couldn't reach the break peddle from passenger seat.)

***

Another plan needed ... so I began watching for a person who could start the car for me.

After several failures where people seemed headed near my car and veered off another direction before reaching me, I noticed a man who was headed to a big sized pick up truck which was parked directly head to head with my car.  I watched him put his groceries into the passenger side.  (My plan was to honk and get his attention when he finished unloading his basket.  I had figured out how to honk the horn by this time.)

There was a military type banner hanging from his rear view mirror.  He seemed respectable.  I was also aware that I would be giving a stranger an opportunity to throw me out of the car and steal a brand new Mercedes S Class car!  But he seemed okay to me.  He was approximately 60 years old.

I began executing my plan when this man finished unloading what he had purchased.  I honked the horn.  I asked him if he could help me.  He looked puzzled and began pointing at his ears showing me he could not hear what I was saying. 

Finally he realized I needed help and he came toward my car.  I caused him to hear that I needed him to start my car for me.  He got into the car on the driver's side.  I showed him key bob and caused him to see I just needed him to touch the break once and press the engine start button.  

He did this and the car started.  He seemed pleased that he could help me and I was able to turn on both heat and sound.  Pam returned to car about 15 minutes later.

I wouldn't have needed the car started except it was pretty cold here yesterday and I could get heater on after the car started.

There is a way ... it may take several attempts and a readjustment of your plan.



 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

Mark your calendar.
(Details to follow)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯