Thursday, February 15, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

I Corinthians 14:26 ... Let all things be done unto edifying.

edify:  to instruct or improve in ways of God in the New Testament church


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
Psalm 56:3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern

1 PETER 4:7  BUT THE END OF ALL THINGS IS AT HAND: BE YE THEREFORE SOBER, AND WATCH UNTO PRAYER.
 
Sober - subdued, temperate. moderation
Watch - to guard, observe closely, be vigilant
 
REVELATION 22:13  I AM ALPHA AND OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END, THE FIRST AND THE LAST.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Psalm 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
 
What is scornful?
scornful - making fun of, thinking you are better than someone, contempt, derision, mocking, rude, hypercritical
 
The word hypercritical stood out to me. I know this has been a problem for me, especially while driving. I find myself commenting about another diver's failure to use a turn signal. It is hypercritical. When I meditate on this scripture and think about the meaning, I see myself changing. I am usually able to keep quiet when traveling.  

(JB ... I was involved in studying the word "scornful" a few years ago ... I saw people in my city and especially at the bridge center who were scornful, thinking they were better than others, and as a result of this scripture, I had to withdraw some from them.  "Not sitting in their company."
I also recall TV personalities that I had to stop watching.  I recall feeling them to be scornful.  I can't recall right now who but I recall doing it.  You might look up "scornful" in dictionary and allowing God to show you if anyone you know is scornful and if so cut back from their company.)
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
John 14:2-3  (Jesus tells us)  In My Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. 


I Thessalonians 4:16-17   For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Recently Joan Boney has asked those of us in our small church group to start sending daily exhortations based on the following instructions…

Hebrews 3 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13   But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day;  lest any of you  be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.  14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;  15  While it is said, To day if ye will hear HIS voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. 

Hebrews 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is;  but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Yesterday I was walking through the grocery store when I had the following thought come to me which frightened me…You’re not going to be able to do this. How can you have something every day? (emphasis on “every day”) 


Immediately after I had that thought, I heard the following … Give us this day our daily bread  (Matt 6:11). 

Right!  Our daily bread.  I was immediately comforted. Thank you God.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

2 Corinthians 3:5-6  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit; for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   

Back when we had cats, we noticed on one of them, Mandy, a small white thing which we discovered was a worm. There might have been more than one. This particular cat has always been very squeamish and jumpy, hard to hold her down if you needed to get medicine to her. I didn’t know how we’d ever to be able to administer medicine, which I thought would probably be in pill or maybe oral liquid form. At this time both our cats ate from the same dish and it would be difficult to try to have Mandy eat separately if we could put the medicine in her food. 
 
I kept having the thought that it would be great if the vet could just give her a shot, but I thought that was very unlikely. When I took her to the vet, I was very surprised and pleased that Mandy was calm, not acting afraid and skittish like I thought she would. Then, even more surprisingly, the vet simply gave her a shot, and I didn’t have to bring her back for boosters or anything. I was so thankful that God had worked this out for me in such an easy, peaceful way. 

(JB  ... So interesting how Cathy had thought and immediately the opposite thought came saying that wouldn't happen.  Devils work like that!  Devils bring exactly opposite to truth.)

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
 
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
 
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

(JB  ... recently Barbara reported a dream where a man was running forward but looking backward.  That will not work!  It is a warning.)
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

Mark your calendar.
Details to follow soon.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯