Sunday, February 18, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

Ephesians 3:20  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

The power that "worketh in us" is the Holy Spirit WHO: teaches us all things, reminds us of all that Jesus has said, guides us into all truth, and shows us things to come.  (Jn. 14:26 & Jn. 16:13)

In 2020,  I was considering new upholstery for the front seat of my 25-year-old car.  When the Holy Spirit brought the following to my mind:  "Or you could just buy a new car."

That hit me like a bolt of lightning.  I hadn't thought of doing that!

But I could buy a new car.  I had sold my house in Texas.  The money for the sale of the house was just sitting in the bank in MMDA accounts.  After paying various bills connected with the Texas house there was approximately $285,000 cash left over.  I didn't have to buy housing for God had shown me I could no longer live alone and HE had put me to live in Colorado in Pam Padgett's house.  I insisted on paying Pam $1000 per month for housing expenses but that came out of the ministry funds because I am an ordained minister.  So that house money was free cash.

That night God gave me a dream:  I bought a new car.  Then I realized I should have asked my dad what kind of car to buy.  (My dad was a mechanic and knew cars.)

We bought a car, "by our own wisdom, our own ideas."

Several mistakes:

   * Pam's previous car was an Acura MDX SUV.  She was skiing at that point in time, 17 years earlier.  Now she no longer goes skiing in late.
    * I wanted Pam's 2 big dogs to have plenty of room so I wrongly thought they needed SUV space.
    * I wrongly failed to consider my older car had "air suspension" and rode much smoother than the regular suspension on the MDX.

But mostly, I failed to ask God what kind of car to buy.

It wasn't long before I found I was having trouble riding in the car.  I've had 2 surgeries and 7 broken bones as result of accidents.  There was more pain after I rode in the car we bought.

We even considered changing cars after driving that MDX one year.  We drove several cars but none of them seemed better.  While driving out of one dealer's lot, I heard this from the Holy Spirit:  "You should drive a Mercedes."  I ignored that word or let it slip.  I probably thought I couldn't afford it, failing to consider I have almost no expenses and had $285,000 dollars in the bank.

I spent the next 3 1/2 years wondering what the other cars we met on road would ride like!  

Finally I got to point I would rarely go out when Pam went in car.  I just stayed in my bedroom.  It wasn't worth the pain I knew I would likely endure if I rode in the car.

But in 2023, we both decided to change cars and to look for a car that had air-suspension!  Pam checked online to see which cars had air suspension.  We even called a business which added air suspension to cars.  And we considered having that done to the MDX.

In November, 2023, we decided to drive air suspension cars:  Cadillac, Lincoln, Lexus, BMW  ... but none of them rode much better than the car we had.

Then I remembered 3 1/2 years earlier I had heard from God:  "You should drive a Mercedes."

We started with an E-class.  It had air suspension but it wasn't much better than the other air suspension cars we had tried.

The Mercedes dealer then said:  "You are going to have to drive the S-Class."

As soon as I sat down in it I said, "Now this is a car!"  (that was before the car even started)

It felt like riding on glass ... almost no movement!

Remember:  God does for us exceeding, abundantly above all we ask or think by the power of the Holy Spirit who brings to our mind what we are to do.  (Eph. 3:20)


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
Psalm 103
 
Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless HIS holy name (the Word). Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all HIS benefits: WHO forgiveth all thine iniquities; WHO healeth all thy diseases;
 
WHO redeemeth thy life from destruction; WHO crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; WHO satisfieth thy mouth with good; (so that) thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. HE made known HIS ways unto Moses, HIS acts unto the children of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. HE will not always chide: neither will HE keep HIS anger for ever. HE hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
 
For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is HIS mercy toward them that fear HIM. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath HE removed our transgressions from us. Like as a father pitieth HIS children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear HIM. For HE knoweth our frame; HE remembereth that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
 
But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear HIM, and HIS righteousness unto children's children; To such as keep HIS covenant, and to those that remember HIS commandments to do them. The Lord hath prepared HIS throne in the heavens; and HIS kingdom ruleth over all. Bless the Lord, ye HIS angels, that excel in strength, that do HIS commandments, hearkening unto THE VOICE of HIS word. Bless ye the Lord, all ye HIS hosts; ye ministers of HIS, that do HIS pleasure.
 
Bless the Lord, all HIS works in all places of HIS dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning HIS promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin

Psalm 91:2   I will say of the Lord, HE is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in HIM will I trust.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Isaiah 65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.
 
It is very comforting to consider that God knows everything that we are dealing with at all times and the exact, perfect answer for whatever we need before we even ask.  
 
In the fall of 2022 I had an appointment to meet with a physician's assistant in Denver (about 50 miles away) to discuss an alternative treatment to the bladder removal surgery which had been recommended to treat bladder cancer.  This alternative treatment came to light after I asked God if there was any way I might be spared bladder removal surgery.
 
A few days before the appointment, I woke in the night hearing the words "Virtual Meeting".   I had no idea why these words were brought to my mind.  Later that day, however, I received a call from a man at the auto mechanic business where I had taken our car for a wheel alignment.  He told me the car had serious damage, was not safe to drive, and that it would take about a week to get the parts needed to fix the car.  

I immediately thought of the upcoming medical appointment in Denver.  How would I be able to get there?  Ideas began swirling around in my mind.  

Then I was reminded by the Holy Spirit of having been awakened in the night with the words "Virtual Meeting".  I called the medical office in Denver and asked if the appointment could be done as a virtual meeting, explaining the car situation.  The woman asked me to wait a few minutes while she checked on this.  When she returned to the telephone, she said my appointment had been changed from an "in office" appointment to a "virtual meeting".  
 
Before I knew there was a problem with the car, I had already been given the answer by God about the medical appointment  ... a virtual meeting.   This was so much easier than a 100-mile round trip to Denver.  

And the virtual meeting was totally sufficient for what I needed from the appointment ... a referral to a radiation oncologist who landed up setting up radiation therapy coordinated with chemotherapy rather than bladder removal.  
 
This was an amazing answer to my prayer asking if I might be spared bladder removal surgery!
 
After this treatment, no cancer was found by tests that were done looking for cancer.  

If you would like to read the many and various wonderful ways God helped me after being diagnosed with cancer, please click on the following:  Helped and led by God in cancer treatment
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Psalm 48:14  For this God is our God for ever and ever: HE will be our guide even unto death. 
 
Lying in bed last night, thinking about something that I needed help with, I realized just how blessed we are to have access to God, Creator of all things, Who possesses all the wisdom there is and Who is all powerful and able to do all things for us. 
 
We don’t have to wait until the next morning when His office opens, like we would if we were trying to make an appointment with a psychiatrist or therapist, of some kind. 
 
We don’t have to lie there and go through all our options, wondering which would be the best way to go and never being sure. 
 
We don’t have to buy and read the book currently recommended for our particular problem written by someone who is an “expert” in the field. 
 
We, who belong to God, have access to God, at all times, by His Holy Spirit. There is nothing better that can happen to a human being than to have been chosen by God to be one of His children!

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
John 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in ME ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer; “I have overcome the world”.
 
Makes everything seem less important when I know that God is in charge of my life and everything that goes on in it.  I just have to be mindful to pray about everything and God takes care of me. 

 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
When we had cats they ate mostly dry cat food. I would buy a large bag of it and then put some in a smaller plastic container near their bowl and dish it out from there. One time I had put the last of the big bag into the small container and I thought that I would remember to put cat food on my grocery list, but I didn’t. It got to the point there was hardly anything left in the small container. I guess maybe I assumed I had another big bag.
 
I was on my way to the grocery store and had the thought of dry cat food brought to my mind. I couldn’t remember if I had another bag at home or not. But I thought I better get a bag, just in case. When I got home I saw that I didn’t have another bag and since there was hardly anything left, I would’ve had to go right back to the store and get more. Then I knew for sure the Holy Spirit had given me that thought and was so glad. 


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Romans 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered
 
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
 
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

(Details later)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯