Wednesday, February 28, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily


 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

Often I pray this over myself:

Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

I'm certain God will do this and is completely able to do this, whereas I could miss something if I tried to "cleanse my heart and spirit".  God will take care of everything! Nothing can hide from God.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Prior to my mother in law's death, she came to our home for Thanksgiving every year for several years. I was very thankful she came because it was one of the few times my grandchildren spent time with her. In my mind it was special for everyone.
 
My husband's sister always went to her husband's mother's for the holiday meal. Then her husband's mother died. My sister in law then announced that my mother in law should cook so that my sister in law would have a place to go for the meal ... so my mother in law stayed home and cooked.
 
This situation caused me grief. I became hurt because they did not consider my feelings or speak to my husband about it. It eliminated the time my grandchildren spent with their great grandmother. My flesh arose in the matter.
 
I prayed about it and believed that I had forgiven my sister in law. It came back again and again becoming a festering wound for me. I was not sure what to do to resolve this. I continued to pray about this, Then I read the following scriptures and knew what was necessary. 
 
Matthew 18:15  Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
 
Matthew 5:23  Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;
24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
 
I needed to speak with my sister in law.  I asked God what to say. I was not sure what was in her heart, but either way, I went to her to talk about the issue. I read the scripture and confessed all of my related feelings. She apologized for not thinking about me. I apologized for my fleshly uprising. We shed tears and stated that we love each other. Afterward, I asked God how I did. He said, "well". I was relieved that I was able to please Him in this matter. The festering wound left me. I continue to have a good relationship with my sister in law.
 
I am so thankful that God helped me with this. Often we do not know what we need but He is faithful to illuminate the path to freedom from sin.
 
2 Thessalonians 3:3  But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
 
Proverbs 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Psalm 94:11 The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity. 
 
vanity - something that is vain, futile, idle, or worthless 
 
I Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, HE taketh the wise in their own craftiness. 
 
20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain
 
Our own fleshly thoughts, or what other people think and say, can seem wise and worthwhile. But in the sight of God, these things are vanity. 
 
It is what God says that is truly wise, true, and valuable.

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
John 3:13-16 And no man has ascended up to heaven, but He that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
 
I couldn’t give up my son for this world. That’s why God is our Almighty God for His great sacrifice that we can have eternal life with God in His Heaven . . . . if WE follow Him as we are lead by Him on this earth. 
 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
We used to live in a town called Wooster. It had been many years since we moved from there and I had to go back to the health department to get a copy of my son’s birth certificate. It is about a 45 minute or so drive from where we live now. It turned out that my husband couldn’t go and I had to make the trip myself, which I didn’t want to do.
 
I asked God for help with this. I was amazed because I never felt alone during the whole ride. I kept talking to God, pointing out things I thought were pretty or interesting, and it was as if there was someone there in the vehicle with me.
 
Since it had been so long since we lived there, I didn’t remember my way around. I thought there was a map of the area in the vehicle but found out there wasn’t. (This was before I had GPS). I asked God for help to find the place and I got there without any trouble. God helped me with every concern. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

Colossians 3:1-4  If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
 
2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
 
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ (The Word) in God.
 
4 When Christ, WHO is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory. 
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯