Sunday, February 18, 2024

πŸ’₯ Exhortation to member of body of Christ.


This is letter I wrote to Beth Martin:

2-17-2024

Concerning thinking your husband and his family would benefit mostly from non-scriptural words you might speak.

I urge you to simply tell what Holy Spirit brings to your mind.

My mother was not born again and was about 78-years-old when this happened. I was visiting her and saw some Zodiac mugs in her cabinet. I had given those to her for she loved to read horoscopes and bought the monthly horoscope magazine and all my life read my horoscope to me even as a little child.

After I saw those mugs, after I was born again, I began removing them from her cabinet and put them in a paper bag. She was watching me and apparently realized I was taking them to the dumpster in alley to destroy them. She said, "Stop, wait. What are you doing. I want to keep those. You gave them to me." I didn't say a word. I took them to alley and broke them so no one else could use them.

I went back into house and read the following aloud to my mother.

Deuteronomy 18

9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

My mother sat there silently for a few minutes after I read the Bible to her. Then she said, "Well ... I guess we'd better not do that any more." God caused her to be born again with this "confession"

My uncle wrote to me and said, "Your mother's changed. She's really changed."

With this I think I learned "just speak what is brought to your mind by the Holy Spirit." We never know what God will do with it! It's often not what we'd think that happens.

Joan

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯