Saturday, February 10, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)

 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

This past week, a photo of Donald Trump appeared on my TV screen, and a thought came to me of how little this matters.

Living Godly lives in Christ Jesus, The Word Matters.

The Holy Spirit brought this scripture to my mind and this is what God wants us to realize:

I Corinthians 12:27  Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
ZEPHANIAH 3:17  The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯ Anthonia Eshiokhai

(Our sufficiency is of God)

The above was what the Holy Spirit gave me while discussing with a friend about the current situation in my country Nigeria and had to look up the scripture
 
2 Corinthians 3:5  Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
PSALMS 100:4  ENTER INTO HIS GATES WITH THANKSGIVING, AND INTO HIS COURTS WITH PRAISE:  BE THANKFUL UNTO HIM, AND BLESS HIS NAME.
 
5. FOR THE LORD IS GOOD; HIS MERCY IS EVERLASTING; AND HIS TRUTH
ENDURETH TO ALL GENERATIONS. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


πŸ’₯  Beth Martin
 
There was a period of time when I was young and very vulnerable to harsh words from my family. Each day I felt their words stabbing and damaging me because I loved them and I knew that they should love me. As a result, I could feel a "spiritual" hole inside where my heart should be. It sounds really strange but that black fist sized hole was there for many years. I saw it in my mind. I knew it was from the knife words spoken. I knew that God was showing me the "spiritual" hole. I asked God to help me and heal me. 
 
One day, several years later, I was sitting on a folding chair in our driveway watching David and the grown boys working on an addition to our first home. It was so pleasant to see how well they worked together. Feeling so very grateful and content, I heard the words "inner man".
 
Ephesians 3:16  That he would grant you, according to the riches of HIS glory, to be strengthened with might by HIS Spirit in the inner man;
 
I started to meditate on this scripture each day, trying to feel His Spirit going deep inside me. I knew that God's might could do anything. I pictured the appearance of the hole while meditating.
 
I don't remember how long it took or when it happened, but the hole is gone and has been gone for a while. 
 
Matthew 12:48  But HE answered and said unto him that told him, Who is MY mother? and who are MY brethren?
49 And HE stretched forth HIS hand toward HIS disciples, and said, Behold MY mother and MY brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of MY Father which is in heaven, the same is MY brother, and sister, and mother.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
In June, 2019, I received a summons to appear for jury duty. I didn't want to be on a jury, knowing how corrupt courts often are, and also I felt I needed to be home to help Joan who had been out of a hospital less than 6 months recovering from a serious fall. 
 
I prayed about what to do, but wasn't shown any way to keep from going to jury duty. 
 
Once there, there were well over 100 people who had been called for jury duty, but there was only 1 case needing a jury. Surely I would not need to serve on that trial, especially because of some of the answers I had truthfully given in a questionnaire they asked us to fill out.  And I had also told them about needing to be home to help Joan.  But, incredibly, they called my name to be in the jury pool for that one trial. 
 
I asked God to please help me and was given 2 things by the Holy Spirit:

1. "Just speak truth"
2. Luke 21:15  For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. 

***
 
We were taken to the court room. The judge started asking questions, instructing us to raise our hands if our answer was "yes".  I do not like to draw attention to myself.  But as the judge asked questions, in order to "speak truth", I kept having to raise my hand.
 
One question was whether we would have a problem finding someone innocent who did not testify in their own defense. I seriously considered this and realized this would make me wonder if the defendant was trying to hide something and, if so, what?  So I raised my hand saying I would have a problem doing this. 
 
The judge began explaining, in detail, that in the United States a person is innocent until proven guilty. She then asked me if, after what she explained, I would still have a problem finding someone innocent who did not testify in their own defense. Again, I carefully considered this and realized I would, so I told the judge this. She was obviously not pleased with my response, but moved on. 
 
The prosecuting attorney asked questions directed at me also.  Each time I just spoke truthfully.
 
The defense attorney asked questions. She asked if anyone would consider a defendant's previous police involvement in deciding this case. I raised my hand. She asked me why I would consider this? 
 
I had been reminded of 2 situations I knew of where a person had been arrested multiple times, and kept getting off without conviction, and finally caused serious consequences. One situation was a drunk driver who was found innocent, and shortly after his last trial, again drove drunk and killed someone. 
 
The other was a young man I had known since he was a child. He was repeatedly arrested for dealing drugs, but kept escaping conviction. The only thing that stopped him was when he was finally given a long prison sentence. 
 
I told in detail about these 2 situations. 
 
The defense attorney bent over a little and gasped for air, and said "That's a very strong example!" She seemed shocked that she had opened the door for me to tell all of this.  
 
Some things came out in my answers that seemed to give other members of the jury pool courage to raise their hands. About 6 of us landed up being excused from the jury before the trial began. 
 
Clearly, God had given me a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist as HE promised in Luke 21 as I simply spoke truthfully. 

I was very grateful to God that I didn't have to serve on the jury through the trial.


(Comments by Juliett Walton)

After reading that which Pam wrote about being called to jury duty, and that she prayed asking God to help her. Through faith in God she overcame. She was told by God to speak truth. I was reminded of the following scripture. 
 
1 John 5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep HIS commandments: and HIS commandments are not grievous.

4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
A dream I had a while back concerning homosexuality ...

In this dream, four black and white photos of homosexual men flashed in front of me quickly, one after another. I could not see what the pictures were showing, they passed from one to another so rapidly, but I knew the men in the pictures were homosexual.

Then I heard the following ... men with men working that which is unseemly.

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

I felt that the pictures flashing in front of me so quickly might be showing the rapid acceptance of homosexuality by the world. And certainly this is what we have been seeing for quite a while now.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
Romans 8:16-18 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God; And if children , then heirs; heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
 
Always hope for every day, knowing that our reward is sure to come thru our faith.

 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
A while back I was reading the account of David and Goliath in 1 Samuel 17.
 
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.
 
That last sentence stood out to me. All their hope was in this one person, who they thought would surely be able to overcome anyone else, and gain victory for them. When what the world relies on is gone, they are helpless and afraid. 
 
But if our hope is in God, if He is our helper and what we rely on, we will be ok, we will triumph. He is always with us, never goes away, weakens or dies. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Reading about the dream Cathy shared about her son and the hope she now believes that he will be saved, reminded me of a dream concerning my twin brother.
 
Several years ago I was talking with my brother, who is a Buddhist and bows down to Buddha. I was talking to him that day about the things of God as they came to mind in the conversation. He would say something then I would respond with that brought to mind about God.  In a sentence, I started with the word "But" to speak more, however my brother stopped me by saying "There are no buts" That was the end of the conversation. There was no anger about our conversation, I just left it alone. 
 
πŸ’₯ Some time after that I had a dream. In this dream, my twin brother was speaking to a hardened criminal about the things of God and that person was listening to him. 
 
Like Cathy, I have hope that my family member will be saved.

(JB ... I think it ends when you have a dream.  The dream is God's word on the matter telling you what will happen.   When you "believe" you are sure it will happen, it is not that you "hope" the dream will happen.  If you only have hope, go back and read Matthew 2 where God gave dreams to Joseph and they happened.  Read every dream in the entire Bible until your "hope" turns to "belief.")

(JB ... I know of at least 3 people in our church group who have had dreams of others who are saved.  When that is the case, you should believe it is as done because it was a word given you from God in a dream.  (You don't hope.  Hope is you're not sure.  You believe because you know God spoke to you in a dream and God showed you what is to happen.

I had a high school friend with whom I had shared a writing.  She asked me not to send her any more of my writings.  God gave me a dream where this woman was reading the Bible.  I considered her "saved" and thought no more about it and I did as she requested and sent her no more of my writings.

To me:  When God shows me something in a dream it is finished!

Why don't you just believe what God tells you?  Don't you know God speaks through dreams.  You'd better settle this by scripture.  If  we know God speaks through dreams then doesn't God speak through dreams?  I studied every dream in the Bible as a new Christian.  I saw that God sent dreams.  It is not that I hope it happens.  I know it happens as God told me in that dream.

Here is the way Paul looked at that which God showed him in dreams:

Acts 27

22 And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship.

23 For there stood by me this night the angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serve,

24 Saying, Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee.

25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.

It doesn't matter if an angel of God spoke or if God gave you a dream.  It is not a gamble but is a sure thing when you have a word from God.  It is a sure thing when the Holy Spirit speaks to us.  It is a sure thing when the Bible tells us.  Faith in God's word "believes", not hopes.

* belief is knowing God's word to us will happen.  It is not a gamble but a sure thing

(By reading the Bible you know that dream will happen because it is God's word to you and God does it that way.  no doubt at all!)


Are you so timid that you dare to deny God when HE tells you something?

Instead you should know it will happen when you know God told you it would happen.

Through unbelief you might deny God ... But God does not deny HIMSELF, what HE said to you in a dream, HE will do!

Gird up the loins of your mind by reading examples of dreams and building your faith in God by reading what it said happened about dreams in the Bible.

Your hope might fail because of unbelief.

Your belief will not fail because you know God said this to you and God will do it.

The kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent take it by storm.

2 Timothy 2:13 If we believe not, yet HE abideth faithful: HE cannot deny Himself.

Romans 3:3-4 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.
 

 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

(Details to follow.  Reserve these dates on your calendar!)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯