Saturday, February 17, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus (the Word).


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 

Psalms 144:14 That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets. 15 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Anthonia Eshiokhai

Glorify THY name in all the earth

Psalm 86:9 All nations WHOM THOU hast made shall come and worship before THEE, O Lord, and shall glorify Thy name.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
LUKE 10:38-42  NOW IT CAME TO PASS, AS THEY WENT, THAT HE ENTERED INTO A CERTAIN VILLAGE: AND A CERTAIN WOMAN NAMED MARTHA RECEIVED HIM INTO HER HOUSE.
 
39. AND SHE HAD A SISTER CALLED MARY, WHICH ALSO SAT AT JESUS FEET, AND HEARD HIS WORD.
 
40. BUT MARTHA WAS CUMBERED ABOUT MUCH SERVING, AND CAME TO HIM, AND SAID, LORD, DOST THOU NOT CARE THAT MY SISTER HATH LEFT ME TO SERVE ALONE? BID HER THEREFORE THAT SHE HELP ME.
 
41. AND JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO HER, MARTHA, MARTHA, THOU ART CAREFUL AND TROUBLED ABOUT MANY THINGS:
 
42. BUT ONE THING IS NEEDFUL: AND MARY HATH CHOSEN THAT GOOD PART, WHICH SHALL NOT BE TAKEN AWAY FROM HER. 

(Jesus the Word is the one thing needful.)

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
In August, 2023, I heard Romans 2. I read it and was aghast. It was a strong warning for me.

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

I am judging people.

judge-to form an opinion of, form a conclusion about, guess, think, try, determine, conclude

In looking more closely at this situation, I became aware that my job was a huge problem. I was taught and practiced for many years to trust my judgment about people and situations. My judgement about these situations/personnel entailed 80% of my job. I did pray about many situations at work, but only if I did not immediately know what to do....trusting myself and my worldly education/experience ...... not God. Even though I did my job well and was fair by worldly standards, the judgement came from me and not God.

Jesus said in ........

John 5:30  I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

If Jesus, the son of God asked and did nothing of himself, who am I to do so? God showed me that judgment became a habit that carried over to my personal life. This judgment in my personal life was fleshly. God is helping me and I am remembering to pray over each situation as it arises. Now I question myself constantly and want to please Him in all things. What I know is ... He knows what is best for me.

(JB...  very important warning.   Be sure it is God showing you about the other person.  Try the spirit that is speaking to you to see if it is of God.  "Do you confess Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  
I Jn. 4:2-3)


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett

In order to be led by the Holy Spirit, we must be willing to adjust "our" plans. Rather than charging ahead with what I had planned to do on a given day, if I'm led another way, being willing to go that way. This is area in which God has been helping me change. 
 
Yesterday I had planned to go to the nearby Marriott hotel to get information for our July meeting, including asking about a group rate. But yesterday I had a dull headache. Even after taking the medicine that usually helps and resting for a while, I just didn't feel alert. 
 
When considering going to the Marriott, my attention was strongly drawn (by the Holy Spirit) to the fact that I just didn't feel well and I should not try to deal with this at that time. It would not be easy to go talk with them that day. So I changed my plans. 
 
This morning while Joan and I were talking, she asked me to find out some additional information when I go to talk with the people at the Marriott. I recalled having my plans changed yesterday and smiled, knowing I was led in a way that would work out better, even in terms of what information is needed.
 
Matthew 11:28-30 (Jesus says) Come unto ME, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
29 Take MY yoke upon you, and learn of ME; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 
30 For MY yoke is easy, and MY burden is light. 
 
Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Psalm 31:19  Oh how great is Thy goodness, which Thou hast laid up for them that fear Thee; which Thou hast wrought for them that trust in Thee before the sons of men!

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
Hebrews 13:5-8  Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have; for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. 
Jesus Christ (The Word) the same yesterday, and today , and forever. 

  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   

We used to have mini blinds on our living room window, that had a long drawstring, hanging below the window ledge. One of our cats liked to sit on that ledge. One time when the cat was jumping down from the ledge he got caught up a little in the drawstring. He made it out okay, but that made me concerned about it, if he were to get tangled up in it again, what might happen.
 
I don’t remember if I thought to pray about it, maybe I just prayed for the cat’s safety. But one day I was either looking at that window or standing by it, and all of a sudden God put an idea into my mind. That I could roll up the end of the drawstring and put it on the upper ledge of the lower window. It would be way out of the cat’s way. I did that and there was never a problem with it again. I was thankful and happy to have such an easy, simple solution. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton

Proverbs 9:9  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

(details to follow soon)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯