Monday, February 19, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

It is very important to do scripture.  Many read scripture but fail to do that scripture.  It is especially important to do the scripture when it is brought to your mind by the Holy Spirit for that is a message from God to you.

Recently I had the following brought to mind by the Holy Spirit.  I knew it was a scripture and when I looked it up I found it in I Thessalonians 5:14   Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

After I looked up key words in 4 sections, I saw people who needed help and I helped these people.  God showed me what to do in each case and I had strength to do what I was shown.

* unruly: disorderly and disruptive.  I saw the person saying things not in proper view of Bible and I brought correction and this person came into immediate agreement with truth.  She had stated something which was worldly and not in proper judgment.  She immediately saw this and made correction.

* feebleminded(of a person) unable to make intelligent decisions or judgments: 

* weak:  lacking the power to perform physically demanding tasks; lacking physical strength and energy:  liable to break or give way under pressure; easily damaged:  In this case, with her approval, we helped her buy a car.  Pam drove the car and judged the car.  I judged the sound system on the car and the comfort of the passenger seat.  (Pam and I both were watchful for anything God might show us.)  The dealer will ship the car to her from Colorado Springs and she will not even have to pick it up.  It will be delivered across country to her house without any cost to her.  The car salesperson even called Car Max where she lived and got a quote for what he would pay for her 20-year-old car in the city where she lives.  All she had to do was to approve the new car and send approval and sign papers that will be sent by Fed Ex and return her check for the car, then deliver her old car to Car Max.   

* be patient:  able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious:

I spent time focusing on each person and myself and my assignment from God and this time with this scripture and definitions of key words showed me to behave differently and to go forward with determination to do the situation properly with each individual guided by the Holy Spirit of God.

Because of this scripture in I Thessalonians 5:14, I was able to do this.  When God gives us scripture and we focus on that scripture, doing it, there is great benefit and power of God and assurance of God for everyone in the case.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
James 1:17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with WHOM is no variableness (changing), neither shadow of turning.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 

 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: 
 
of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 
 
strife: struggle against another
exertion or contention for superiority 
fight

Several years ago while reading in Galatians 5, the work of the flesh "strife" especially stood out to me. While looking at definitions and considering this, the Holy Spirit reminded me of examples of my struggling with other people to get my own way, what I wanted or what I thought was best. I didn't want to continue doing this and asked God to please help me. 
 
About this same time I was having the master bathroom in my house remodeled, including having a Jacuzzi-type tub installed. Electricians came to run a new electrical circuit for the tub. At the time I was also considering putting a sound system in the master bedroom, so I asked the head electrician if he would please run 2 circuits to that area of the house in case I setup a sound system there. 
 
The electrician seemed annoyed with me and pointed out that the gray conduit pipe they planned to put around the house was not big enough for 2 circuit wires. I was shocked that this ugly conduit pipe would go around my light-colored house, and asked if they could run it through the basement. He sharply told me that wasn't possible. 
 
I could feel my flesh really rise up to get my own way in this. But then I was reminded by the Holy Spirit that strife is a work of the flesh. So, instead of struggling with the electrician, I went back into the house, silently praying to God, telling HIM I didn't want to strive with this man and asking HIM to work this out as HE wanted. 
 
A few minutes later, the electrician's helper came into the house asking if I had some spray that would kill wasps. As they had begun working, they encountered a wasp nest. I didn't have any wasp spray, but told him I would get some right away at the store. 
 
It was very much in my heart to help these men, not wanting them to be harmed by wasps. I knew this was so different than I would have felt had I entered into strife with them. 
 
When I returned from the store with the wasp spray, the head electrician was in the attic opening which is in the garage. He smiled toward me as I got out of the car and announced that while I was gone, he had discovered that they could run the new electrical circuit through the attic. He said this was easier for them to do than running the conduit around the house. And since they could do this, it was no problem to run 2 circuits! 
 
I thanked God for working all this out, leading them to check the attic and see this option. In every way, my concerns were addressed without strife. 
 
Another benefit of running the electrical circuits through the attic came to light about 12 years later. I had never setup a sound system in the master bedroom, so the second electrical circuit remained unused in the attic. 
 
In 2018 when God led me to add a handicap-accessible shower to a half-bath on the main level of my house, I planned to add a heater to the bathroom. A different electrician came to do the electrical work and I heard him trying to work out how best to run a separate electrical circuit needed for the heater. I was reminded of the unused electrical circuit in the attic and asked if that could be used. He checked that and saw an easy way to bring that to where the new heater was being installed. This saved quite a bit of time and expense. 
 
I marveled in how God worked all of this out, and am especially thankful to HIM that I did not enter into strife with the first electrician.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Not long ago I went to the doctor for some pain I was having in my left leg. 
 
One day not long before the appointment the thought came to me making me question if I really needed to go. 
 
Did I?  Right after this thought came, I was reminded of the following scripture … Matt. 9:12 …(Jesus) said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
 
So I evaluated why I had made the appointment, in the first place. I had been having pain in this leg for quite a while and wondered if it was a pinched nerve, which I knew was not an uncommon thing to happen to people. 
 
I could live with this level of pain. So I decided not to go, as I don’t want to go to the doctor unnecessarily. (I probably prayed during this period of time, but I can’t say I remember a specific prayer.)
 
But, as time went on, the pain became worse to the point that it was seriously affecting my day to day activities and how I felt. Over the counter medicines weren’t helping. I knew I needed to try and get some relief. 
 
Doctor said it sounded like a pinched nerve which he said he saw in his practice all the time. And he prescribed a course of treatment. It is not something that is going to disappear overnight but just knowing that it can be treated helps me.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    
 
Proverbs 3:27-28    Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.  Say not unto thy neighbor, go, and come again, and tomorrow I will give; when thou hast it by thee.

  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death?
 
4 Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
 
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection:
 
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
 
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
 
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him:
 
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over Him.
 
10 For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
 
11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
 
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
 
13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
 
14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
 
There was a time when I was keeping parts of Romans 6 before me, reading them day and night. At some point I began to be angry with someone, but I stopped and told myself something like - “I don’t have to hate. Why would I choose that when it’s so unpleasant?”

Immediately all the bad feelings left and I had peace and joy. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
 
9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

(Details to follow soon.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯