Friday, February 16, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.

 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

2 Corinthians 4:16  ... but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

It has been approximate 43 years since some of us in our little church group have seen each other since we are scattered from east coast to west coast.  We tend to remember people as they looked when we last saw them.  It may be a shock for us when we have that meeting in Colorado Springs in July, 2024.

Barbara Preston had the revelation from God that our flesh never gets any better.  I believe that is true.  In Christ we control our flesh but it really never improves.

However I believe I have learned from God to live a more godly life now than I did even 10 years ago, keeping my flesh under and living by the instruction of the Holy Spirit.

Once in awhile my flesh will flare up or try to take over but now I understand how to keep my flesh crucified by the Word of God.

So the outward man does perish ... but the inward man is renewed by God day by day.  And the Holy Spirit still operates in me though I look to be as less than nothing!  But because of God in me, I am something worth talking to and so are you for at any moment God might rise up inside me and the other Christian be glad because of that.

Matthew 18:20  Jesus says:  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

So I would say we will all be blessed who manage to come to Colorado Springs for the church gathering July 22-26.  

We are going to try to record the sessions and present each session on our blog for the following month in segments.  But we are going to try to record each meeting and send it in segments on the Podcast in the weeks after the meeting.

I expect God to reveal things to us at that meeting but even if you can't be there, we will try to make it possible for you to hear it on our podcast, probably about 15 minutes at a time.  So don't worry if you can't be with us but certainly God could share through you that we would all benefit!

As of today, we are going to meet at Pam's house.  We think we can seat around 25 in her living room-dining room.  If we have overflow, we might be able to move outside and rent chairs and even a good size tent in case it rains.  I suspect outside we would be able to seat more than 100.  Temperatures in July are usually low 80's even in middle of day.

It is our intention to do what Paul said:  I Cor. 14:26  How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

God can speak through HE wills!

In March we will begin to take an early head count.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 

 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
Luke 14:7 And HE put forth a parable to those which were bidden, when he marked how they chose out the chief rooms; saying unto them, 8 When thou art bidden of any man to a wedding, sit not down in the highest room; lest a more honourable man than thou be bidden of him; 9 And he that bade thee and him come and say to thee, Give this man place; and thou begin with shame to take the lowest room. 10 But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
EXODUS 15:26  AND SAID, IF THOU WILT DILIGENTLY HEARKEN TO THE VOICE OF THE LORD THY GOD, AND WILT DO THAT WHICH IS RIGHT IN HIS SIGHT, AND WILT GIVE EAR TO HIS COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEP ALL HIS STATUTES, I WILL PUT NONE OF THESE DISEASES UPON THEE, WHICH I HAVE BROUGHT UPON THE EGYPTIANS: FOR I AM THE LORD THAT HEALETH THEE. 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
Ephesians 4:29  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
 
edify - to instruct in moral and religious knowledge, to promote progress in knowledge, morals, faith and holiness
 
grace - elegance of form in expression, beauty, charm, favor, goodwill, kindness, mercy or pardon, morally strengthening
 
In thinking about this, I knew that my husband and family would greatly benefit from my words but mostly from the lack of my non-edifying ones. It is the fruit of the spirit of God that speaks through us as we obey.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
This morning I was talking with God about a couple things that concerned me. I was also aware that my flesh was really wanting to rise up in these matters. 
 
At one point I said to God "I really need YOUR help!" 
 
Right away the Holy Spirit brought to my mind that HE intercedes for us. And then I was also reminded that Jesus intercedes for us. What a comfort this is! 
 
intercede: intervene on behalf of someone to help them
 
Romans 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because He maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. 
 
Romans 8:34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, Who also maketh intercession for us. 
 
We are not alone as we deal with various issues of this life. Not only can we, and should we, turn to God with what concerns us and HE will help us, but the Holy Spirit and Jesus intercede for us as well. 
 
It fills me with gratitude to God to consider all the help HE gives to us. 
 
Romans 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? 
 
Romans 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through HIM that loved us.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
Years ago, I had a dream where I was talking to a woman and telling her that if God wants something to happen in our lives, then He is able to make it happen
 
In the dream, as I was speaking to this woman, I seemed to have so much faith in God's ability to do this.
 
The impression from the dream was that all things are possible with God. 
 
Luke 18:27 And He (Jesus) said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. 
 
So if God shows us something to come in the future, then that which He revealed to us will come to pass. 
 
Matthew 24:35  Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Galatians 5: 22-25  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.


  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
One morning I was alone in the house, and I had a very strong feeling that I needed to be with someone. It was almost overwhelming. I thought of a few people I could go visit, but I knew this was my flesh and I did not want to give in to that.
 
I cried out to God for help not to give in to this. I sat down and started reading some emails from people of our church group, in which they were sharing things of God. After some time I realized that that strong desire had gone, I was at peace. It is wonderful to experience God overcoming something that seems so powerful. 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
2 Timothy 2:19   Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

CHURCH GATHERING 
IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  
July 22-26, 2024

Details to follow soon!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯