Tuesday, February 13, 2024

πŸ’₯ Paul says: "Let all things be done unto edifying." I Cor. 14:26

 
edifying:  building in the faith, building in the ways of God

If we are in envy or strife, we know there will be confusion and every evil work.  (James 3:16)

We must keep ourselves from such by prayer when this surfaces in our lives.  Be watchful.  Sometimes someone will say something with a good heart but the other person has a problem has not a pure heart.  This is used greatly by devils.  Each of us have the power through God to keep our hearts and live godly lives.

I often pray this over myself:

Psalm 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

I trust God to be able to do this.  I do not trust myself to be able. So I depend on God when I have been in strife with another person.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Paul says we must have interpretation if we speak in another tongue.

I feel that pertains to dreams.  If we share a dream it is "another tongue" in my opinion.  We must be sure we have godly interpretation otherwise edification can be questionable.

Paul says:  32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets. 33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.  (I Cor. 14)

The Holy Spirit never takes over and makes us speak things.  We evaluate what we speak.

Edification of the other person is always considered by us.  Godliness, respect.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Something might be "true" but unworthy of telling out of respect to the other person.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Above all, each of us must keep our own hearts free from spite and malice in all things.  Sometimes we are affected by the evil around us.  When evil is in our own households it takes even more prayer and working to keep ourselves living in a godly way.

If some project is going to affect your soul negatively it would be better not to do that even when it seems necessary, I think. (If your right eye offends you, pluck it out ... is better to enter heaven with one eye than to suffer damnation)   But God probably has a way which will not damage you.  So strongly seek God's way.  It might be that God would have you skip that project that harms you.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The work I do requires a strong protection.  I make sure I get a lot of rest.  I also keep myself free from busy activities.  Often we seem to need to be busy when it can be harmful.  The flesh often loves the excitement and pulls us in that direction. I have to protect myself for the ministry work I do in writing and exhorting the church.

We consider ourselves servants to God, structuring our lives so we can do our finest.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯