Friday, February 16, 2024

Podcast: Scriptures are as good treasures which we store in our hearts!

 

 
 
We fill our hearts with good treasure each time we hear a scripture from the Holy Spirit, think on that scripture, and do that scripture in an appropriate way.

A few days ago, the Holy Spirit reminded me of this verse of scripture.

I Thessalonians 5:14  Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.

I looked up the meaning of "feebleminded" ... A person who is unable to make intelligent decisions or judgments:  Comfort that person.  

My mother became "feebleminded" in the latter years of her life.  Not seriously feebleminded, just a little.  She had driven a car all her life.  But one day she was going to visit her cousin who lived a few blocks away and she got into the car and said to me, "Now how do you make it go forward."  (That was a sign to me that her driving days might be over and I would need to take her to her cousin's house in future.)

We don't beat up a feebleminded person.  We help that person in which ever way God shows us to help that person.  Don't let yourself be annoyed or troubled.  It is often something that happens in the latter years of life.  Just make it as easy as possible if that person needs help.  Don't let yourself be troubled.  It is just something that happens and is not a big deal.

I am 86, and I find my memory comes and goes!  Sometimes I just go blank on how to operate the TV remote, on things I have done many times before.  It is a normal thing of life.  Sometimes I will even forget where a scripture is located that I once knew very well.  I'm simply old!  If needed someone can look that scripture up for me!  Don't let yourself be troubled!

Is the person unruly or feebleminded? we ask ourselves.

We warn the unruly.  If the person is stubbornly willful, we warn that person, for that is a sin.  If the person is "weak" it can be a sin or it can be a sign of something else.

With all persons we must learn to be patient, controlling ourselves, not allowing ourselves to be annoyed that they are interrupting us in what we are doing, or are troubling us in some way that is often unimportant but we are making it important.

Paul tells us one problem of the last days is that men will be ...  lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,  without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; (2 Timothy 3) 

We work to keep our own selves from drifting into any of these characteristics.  And note people who are taking on these characteristics, warn them, and then likely avoid them.  

These are dangerous days!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯