Friday, February 23, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing with the church daily

 
 
(Listed in alphabetical order:)
Items submitted after 8 pm Eastern
will be published the following day.


 πŸ’₯ Joan Boney 

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD (The Word) with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM, and HE shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD (The Word), and depart from evil.


 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


 πŸ’₯ Sandra Chupik 
 
Psalm 100:1-5    Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands. Serve the Lord (The Word) with gladness: come before HIS presence with singing. Know ye that the Lord (The Word) HE is God: it is HE that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are HIS people, and the sheep of HIS pasture. 
 
Enter into HIS gates with thanksgiving, and into HIS courts with praise: be thankful unto HIM, and bless HIS name (doing The Word). For the Lord is good; HIS mercy is everlasting; and HIS truth to all generations.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Sandy Kern
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 πŸ’₯ Beth Martin
 
John 14:18  (Jesus, The Word says:)  I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
 
I have cancer in my blood. It cannot be removed. There is no standard treatment that works. No matter what treatment is given, the cancer returns. Life expectancy (man says) is 3-5 years. From September, 2019 until May, 2023, I had chemotherapy. 
 
During this, I was waiting for a PET scan, I was in a quiet dark room. I was praying for I was fearful. I cannot remember what I was afraid of ..... it seemed like .... everything. Suddenly, HE was there with me. I could feel HIM in the room. HE said that HE would never leave me. I felt such peace. I knew that I could live or die with HIS peace. I was no longer afraid. 
 
 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯  
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett
 
This morning I was reminded of what we're told in Psalm 103:2.

Psalm 103:2  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all HIS benefits:

Throughout the day, I've been thinking of some of the benefits we have because God has chosen us to be HIS children. Thinking on these things brings great joy, gratefulness, and thankfulness to God.

> Being called by God and born again, we are new creations.
 
Romans 8:29 For whom HE did foreknow, HE also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of HIS Son (by doing The Word), that HE might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom HE did predestinate, them HE also called: and whom HE called, them HE also justified: and whom HE justified, them HE also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?


2 Corinthians 3:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.



> We are given the Holy Spirit to live in us.
 
1 Cornithians 3:16  Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?


> The Holy Spirit is the Comforter and the Spirit of truth, and helps us in many ways.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I (Jesus, the Word) have said unto you.

John 16:13 Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.



> God supplies all our needs. 

We lack nothing as we follow each word given to us by the Holy Spirit

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus (The Word).


> As we live according to the word God gives to us, we have an abundant life.

John 10:10  Jesus (the Word) says The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.


> God restores my soul when I've been hurt or damaged in some way by others or by what I have taken into my heart.

Psalm 23:3 He restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.


> God freely gives us wisdom when we ask HIM for it.

James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
 
 
> We have been given the written Word, the Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
 

> God has prepared for us a new heaven and new earth where we will live with HIM for eternity.

Revelation 21:1-5 The apostle John saw the following:  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and HE will dwell with them, and they shall be HIS people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5 And HE that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston
 
I Corinthians 10:13  There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
 
The other night, after going to bed, I was dealing with an issue where I needed strength from God. So I turned to God, asking Him to please help me. 
 
And as I prayed, I could feel His strength enter into me and I knew He had answered my prayer. 
 
As I thought about what He had done for me, I felt such joy, knowing that I was safe in His arms.
 
Before we are born again, we have nothing to rely on, no one to turn to who can keep us safe. And I know I kept failing over and over again. I had no hope and I knew it and I lived in despair, waking up each morning to the same misery. 
 
But once He gives us His Holy Spirit, we belong to Him. He chose us and loves us, and we have access to His infinite wisdom and infinite power, as we live out our days on this earth, and throughout all eternity. 
 
How can we not rejoice!

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Linda Rodgers    

Psalm 37:23 The steps of a good man are ordereth by the Lord (The Word); and he delighteth in HIS way.
 
Proverbs 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge Him (Pray, asking HIM what to do and how to do it), and He shall direct thy paths. 

 
  πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
 πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner   
 
When one of my nieces was graduating from high school, I can’t remember the specific prayer I had, but it was something having to do with how much money we should give her and help in finding an appropriate card to send. She lived in another state so we wouldn’t be seeing her in person.
 
Time kept going by and after awhile I was concerned that it would seem strange, and I would look bad for having let so much time go by before sending her something. I could never find a card I felt good about. And I really wanted to wait on God, and hadn’t felt I had an answer yet. 
 
Then, after about a month, I was sitting in the house, and words just drifted into my mind of something I could write to her in a note. I believed this was from God. I just wrote it on paper, didn’t ever buy a card. Then I talked to my husband and he either wrote out a check or mentioned an amount he thought good for us to give.
 
So I sent these things and she wrote back very quickly. She said she was sorry for not answering sooner, but she had been staying at her grandma’s house in another state for a month. I couldn’t understand her saying she was late, for she had answered very quickly. Then I realized that my note was probably put with all the other graduation cards received from people and she probably assumed it had been sent sooner.
 
If I had sent something sooner, I might have been offended or tempted to look down on her for not responding right away, thinking her to not be grateful.
 
It had been so hard to wait that long for it seemed wrong to the flesh. But God’s timing was perfect and I have marveled in that and thankful to have had strength to wait on Him. 

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
  πŸ’₯ Juliett Walton
 
Philippians 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
 
It was good to be reminded by Joan to think on those things in Philippians 4:8
 
I was thinking of each house that I have lived in since returning to The Seattle, Tacoma area. I have enjoyed each home. My needs have been met by God and that is pleasant to think about. 
 
The home I now live in Tacoma is enjoyable as well. It has rose bushes that are red and pink colors. When I think of these, I think of how God spoke them into being by His Word, and they are as He intended them to appear in His creation. I will send you a picture when they bloom.

Hebrews 11:3  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
 
When I was a child and had just learned how to walk, I pulled a pot of hot water from the stove. I was staying with my aunt at that time. I was taken to the hospital and the medical people did what they could to help my arm heal. There was a very noticeable large scar on that arm, and I usually wore long sleeve dresses and such to cover it. 
 
Later, after, I was born again, I had a dream where I was wearing a white sleeveless dress and there was no scar. I was twirling around and there was no scar. The scars of life were gone. Our hope is in God.

 
 πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯