Sunday, February 10, 2013

How important are your things?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently when my roof was replaced, the workers destroyed an expensive copper gutter that had come with the building of the house.  I was at first upset by this.  The head of the roofing offered to replace it.  But I decided not to replace it and to just go forward knowing the replacement would not really be as the previous object.  I believe God showed me that concept.  It was better just to give the object up rather than to frustrate myself trying to duplicate it for it would not be possible to do so.  So I let it go.

Our things can seem really important to us but it seems the older I get the less important all these things seem.  These things which we see with our natural eye will all be destroyed in the fire. (II Peter 3)

And I was very glad I did not cause the roofer to suffer loss though his workers cause me loss.

As I was thinking on this, the Holy Spirit reminded me of a scripture as follows:

Heb. 10:34 ...  took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

The people of the world demand "justice" when their goods are somehow destroyed.  I've heard a woman say, "If they damage anything while working on my property I will see they replace the damaged object."  She even told me she warned the workers this way.

But God showed me an opposite way.  These things are so temporary and we are so temporary.  Better to choose another way to go.

Everything we can see with our natural eye is temporary.  The spirit is eternal.  Choose that which is important for all eternity.  Give up fretting over that which we can see, knowing it is only a temporary thing.