Thursday, February 14, 2013

When people strike out against us

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently, at grocery store, a young woman struck out against me.  I felt badly about the encounter and I continued to call out to God and then the Holy Spirit said to me a scripture:  "With the froward I will show myself froward."

This helped me to understand what had happened.

When a person is of a froward heart and we speak a grain of truth to that person, that person will see us as the one who is froward.  And it is not unusual for that person to strike out accusing us of the very thing that person is.

Psa. 18 ... With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.  27For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks. 

II Cor. 2 ... Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place. 15For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish: 16To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life.

Several years ago, I was playing golf with 2 women who called themselves Christians.  One woman began accusing me of "judging", though she was doing this in subtil way.  Finally the Holy Spirit spoke the following through me:  "If you're judging someone is judging, aren't you judging?"   She gasped, like air being let out of a balloon.