Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What faith is, and what it isn't

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I've often heard people say, "Oh, God would never let that happen!"

And I've wondered each time I've heard this, "How do you know that?"

When I make a bold statement as to what God will do or what God will not do it is because the Spirit of God has revealed such to me in a specific issue of this life.  Therefore my faith is based on what I have heard from the Spirit of God on the matter at hand.

The Spirit of God searches the heart of God to reveal to us the thinking of God on specific issues of this present life.

Until you have information from the Spirit of God, you do not know what God will do or what God wants you to do.

Most people just follow other people.  Most religious people just follow the doctrines set forth by the people they admire.

We, who are of God, follow the Spirit of God in the matter at hand.

I Cor. 2 ... But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 10But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 

Faith is based upon first hearing what God's Spirit shows us about the issue.  Without this, I cannot have real faith.  It is the essence of faith.

So when I don't know what to do, I pray, asking God what I should do.  And then I wait until the Spirit of God shows me what God wants me to do.  Sometimes there will be a thought which shows me.  Sometimes God will give me a dream to show me what to do.  Sometimes the Spirit of God will remind me of a scripture which shows me.  Sometimes I will be shown nothing at all so if that is the case I just do nothing.  But until I'm shown by Spirit of God, I can't do anything.


Certainly we must be persuaded the spirit speaking is the Spirit of God.  There is an angel of light from the devil that seems like God but there is always something a little wrong about that word though it may quote a scripture or part of a scripture.

So when there is confusion, the best thing is to turn to God and ask HIM to make it clear to you.

But then once you are persuaded the word you have heard is from the Spirit of God, you have what you need to proceed in faith.