Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mixing the WORD with faith

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Heb. 4 ... Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.   3For we which have believed do enter into rest,

Some hear the word or read the word but fail to mix the word with faith.  Therefore they continue to fret over and over.  Those who hear the word and mix that word with faith rest in that word rather than fret.

We enter in by believing the word and resting in the word spoken as pertains to issues of this present life.

Here is one example:  A few days ago, someone shared the following scripture:  1 Thessalonians 5:16-24 ... Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil. 23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

I read this and at the end of this scripture I said, "That is right."  God is faithful.  He called me to His kingdom.  He will give me what I need and preserve me and draw me back from evil.  


I entered in by believing the word spoken, by thinking on that word and what it means.  I know I can rest in the faithfulness of God concerning my soul.  I know I have the Holy Spirit in me and I know HE keeps me continually by His Spirit.
.....
A few days ago, I was going into Wall-mart and I met a woman I know but haven't seen for several months.  She and her husband have moved to a very expensive retirement home.  As we chatted, she saw her opportunity.  She began telling me of her house and asked me to pray for her house to sell.  I questioned, "Your house has not sold?"  She confirmed that.  They have been in that retirement home for at least 6 months or more.  This is a woman who was Baptist and then began to follow the faith movement.  She is obviously very concerned and by asking me to pray she shows she does not have real faith about the matter at hand.  She is not at rest. 

Before we can have faith, we must have a word from God on the issue at hand.  It is apparent this woman did not have such before moving.  She is swimming in a sea of concern and reaching out for others in desperation as she asks for prayer in the matter.

When we have a word from God showing us to do something, then we have opportunity to believe that word as we do the act, and we enter into rest, believing that word given us by the Spirit of God before we did the act.  When that is the case we enter into HIS rest, believing the word we have been given.

If we have no word from the Spirit of God on the matter, then we just refrain ourselves from doing anything until we have a word in which to trust.

This is the basis for faith.  We must have the Word first, then believe, then act.  Then we are trusting in God, knowing that which we did was authored by God and not by ourselves.