Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shown what to do by God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In 1975, I was born again by the Word of God.  The word came to me in the form of a thought.  "Joan, you know those mistakes you've been making all these years?"  My reply, "Yes?"  "Those weren't mistakes.  Those where sin."  SIN?  I was shocked.  I believe at that moment I was born again.  I was changed immediately. 

Shortly after this, in the night while I was sleeping I was taken into heaven.  I knew I was with God, with Jesus and with the Holy Spirit although I saw no images.  At that time, I was "merged into the body of Jesus", made one with the Word of God.  It was wonderful.  Greater than any experience or any relationship you could have on this earth.

A few days later, this exact same thing happened a second time.

After this, I was on fire for things of God.  That is all I cared about.  I owned a business at the time this happened and I no longer cared anything at all for my business.  Three women worked for me and they kept the business going.  I stayed home and read the Bible.  I surrounded myself with things that seemed to be of God, with church attendance, prayer group attendance, Bible classes.  The Bible is all I cared about.

In approximately 1978, I was persuaded I was to be a minister.  I closed my business.  I had no job to go to.  I lived from the money made from the sale of the merchandise in my business.  For approximately six months I stayed at my apartment and read the Bible all day long.

Then one night, I was awakened by a voice that was like a trumpet.  (I believe it was an angel's voice)  It was jarring.  The words spoken to me were the following:  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS."

It was obvious to me that KWJS was either radio or TV.  I looked at radio/TV listings and found it to be a radio station in Arlington, TX (Dallas area).

I said to God:  "Are you telling me to go on radio?  I know nothing at all about radio.  I'm not a speaker.  I'm a writer.  I wouldn't know how to do this."

A gentle thought came to me after I prayed:  "Call the radio station manager."

Immediately I found the phone number for KWJS radio and I called the radio station manager and I told him God might be leading me to go on radio and I asked him how to do that.

The station manager told me to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to him.  If I fit with their program, he would offer me a contract to go on radio 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day.  The cost to me would be $800 a month.

I asked God how HE wanted me to pay for broadcasts.

A gentle thought came:  Write a letter to everyone you know telling what happened.

I did this.  I did not ask for money.  I just told what had happened.  Within 24 hours people had sent enough money to pay for the first month of broadcasts.  One man carried money to the door of my apartment and gave it to me.

After speaking with the radio station manager, I sat down immediately and made a tape and sent it to station manager.  I was offered a contract immediately and in less that a week I was on radio.

This is how God put me on radio.

Unfortunately many people who want to be ministers figure out in their own minds what to do and mostly they just copy other people who are ministers.  And usually they end up begging for money to pay for their works.

But each time I've done something, it is because the Spirit of God was speaking to me one way or another and each time God provided the money for the work without my having to beg people for money.

Romans 8:14 ... For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.