Monday, February 11, 2013

God provides for all living things

Joseph Meriweather ... member of the body of Christ

Yesterday morning when I woke up I was thinking about how God provides for every living  thing.  Some time ago me and my daughter were talking about how God provides for the birds.  I said summer and winter.  I was saying how amazing it is that God provides for them in winter with snow on the ground.  Then my daughter said the birds know how to store food in winter.  That is not what the scriptures say. I did not go along with that.  I know birds and fish do migrate in winter to a warmer climate, and even then God Almighty is still their provider.

In Matthew 6:25-26 Jesus said to men,  Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air:for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Now to those who trust in God, in Philippians 4:19 the apostle Paul said  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

He is a great provider.