Sunday, February 24, 2013

Those who are of God are led by the Spirit of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Before doing something, God shows me, by His Spirit, to do it.

In approximately 2000, I had a dream where I was building a new house.  I was viewing the construction site.

But I wasn't building a house.

Then my mother died and 2002, and immediately I put the house in Clovis, NM (USA) up for sale and made plans to move to Lubbock, TX (USA).  I met with realtor in Lubbock and saw a few properties but I never could get past the dream where I was "building" a house and the "lot" I saw in the dream.

I met with contractor in Lubbock and was shown some lots and I saw the exact lot that I had seen in the dream and I bought that lot.  A few years later, there were other locations in Lubbock that seemed more desirable to me but again I remembered the dream and knew by that God had selected that location for me.

Acts 17:26 / NIV ... HE (God) determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live.

Some people act by their own reasoning on the matter.  I do not do this.  I have to be shown by God before doing anything.  Sometimes HE shows me in a dream.  There was one time HE had what I believe to have been an angel speak to me giving me call letters to a radio stations and putting me on radio in a week from the time HE spoke the call letters to me.  Sometimes I'm led by a scripture.  Sometimes I just hear something from the Spirit of God in the form of a thought.  But always there is that word from God on the issue at hand before I do anything.  This is what it means to be led by the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:14 ... For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
In the Old Testament, when God led HIS children out of Egypt, HE gave them a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night to show them when to move.  They didn't move until the cloud (or fire) moved.  Thus they followed God.

Today, we have been given the Spirit of God when we belong to God.  The Spirit of God searches the heart of God to reveal the will of God to us.  We know God's will by that which His Spirit reveals to us concerning the specific matters at hand.

So when the Spirit shows us something we move by the Spirit.

And when we hear nothing on the issue we remain still.

Numbers 9 ... And when the cloud was taken up from the tabernacle, then after that the children of Israel journeyed: and in the place where the cloud abode, there the children of Israel pitched their tents. 18At the commandment of the LORD the children of Israel journeyed, and at the commandment of the LORD they pitched: as long as the cloud abode upon the tabernacle they rested in their tents. 19And when the cloud tarried long upon the tabernacle many days, then the children of Israel kept the charge of the LORD, and journeyed not.  20And so it was, when the cloud was a few days upon the tabernacle; according to the commandment of the LORD they abode in their tents, and according to the commandment of the LORD they journeyed. 21And so it was, when the cloud abode from even unto the morning, and that the cloud was taken up in the morning, then they journeyed: whether it was by day or by night that the cloud was taken up, they journeyed.  22Or whether it were two days, or a month, or a year, that the cloud tarried upon the tabernacle, remaining thereon, the children of Israel abode in their tents, and journeyed not: but when it was taken up, they journeyed. 23At the commandment of the LORD they rested in the tents, and at the commandment of the LORD they journeyed: they kept the charge of the LORD, at the commandment of the LORD by the hand of Moses.

 So if that person is stumbling about and shows no sign of having a Word from God on the issue at hand is that person being led by the Spirit of God?  Probably not.  Often people are led by their own "good" ideas, their own reasonings from their own minds, by their pastor or others in their church groups.  This is not being led by the Spirit of God.

But those who are led by the Spirit of God are the sons of God .  And there will be something tangible behind their acts of faith.  And it will be a word from God moving them by HIS Spirit.