Monday, February 4, 2013

God, help me to get through today

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Almost daily, my first thought when I awake each morning is this:  "God, help me to get through today."

So what is so bad in my life that I would feel this way ... Am I in a time of great struggle?  Am I in a time of war?  Do I have any money problems?  Do I have any need or lack?  NO ... to each of these points.

Yet getting through this present day is a major concern.  What will I do with all this time?  How will I fill the time as I wait to be taken off the earth?  So I cry out to God, even as I awaken for the day.

Unlike those persons who do not have enough time, it seems I have nothing but time.  But unlike the people of the world who are very busy accomplishing many things, I am simply waiting for the return of Jesus or to be taken off this earth.  I have no goals here.  I have no desire here.  I am not working for anything here.  I'm simply waiting.  And as I wait, I need help in waiting.

I start each day by reading the writings we have published that day on the Internet.  First there are the scriptures.  And as I consider each scripture and what it is saying, often I will find a focus.  

I read the writings we have published.  I then begin reading the Bible and focus on that which stands out to me.

It is amazing to me, but God does fill each day for me.  And usually before I think about it I am in mid-afternoon.