Saturday, February 16, 2013

Trusting God to direct our paths

Pam Padgett ... teacher

The veterinarian clinic I have taken my animals to for several years recently changed owners.  The limited communication I've had with the new owner has troubled me, and I found the level of care provided under the new owner was lower than before, and the prices being charged were much higher.  Although I felt I needed to look for another vet, it seemed somewhat overwhelming to know which one to choose.  

But then I was reminded by the Holy Spirit of the promise we have that if we turn to God in whatever we're facing, HE will direct our paths ...

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

I sat down and started talking with God about needing a vet for my pets who are older and have various physical problems and asked God to show me how to sort through the various vets in this area.  As I waited to know what to do next, I was reminded of two other times when I've needed to make a change of some kind but didn't know which direction to go, and God has gotten through to me, showing me the way to go. 

A few days later a thought came, which I believe was from the Holy Spirit, to talk with God about each of the vets in this area.  As I did this one by one, things were brought to my mind that helped me sort through the vets.  I called to talk with two of the vets I hadn't met before, asking God to make clear to me anything I needed to know.  As one of these vets said various things that made me know he would not be the best choice for me, I smiled and thanked God for making this so clear. 

The vet I chose comes to the home of the animals.  He and his assistant came to my home earlier this week to care for two of my pets.  They seem very competent and dealt gently with my animals. 

This seems like such a small matter, but it was a big concern to me.  I've been very grateful to God for helping me in this, and have been reminded of

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.