Monday, February 18, 2013

Confusion caused by envy and strife

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle James said:  For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. James 3:16

Envy means:  a feeling of discontented or resentful longing aroused by someone else's possessions, qualities, or luck

Strife means:  angry or bitter disagreement over fundamental issues; conflict

It is possible to disagree without having angry or bitter conflict.  I have acquaintance who is devout Catholic, attending church weekly.  I strongly disagree with Catholic Church doctrines.  I once gave her the scripture in Mt. 24 which says "call no man father."  She thanked me for the message but ignored the message and continues doing the Catholic Church doctrines.  Even though we disagree, we go to dinner with each other from time to time.  But we do not argue about doctrine.  I'm no longer trying to persuade her.  I consider she made her choice.  I do not consider we are yoked together.  I am free by scripture to go to dinner with unbeliever so long as the food is not present in worship to an idol.  But if going to dinner with her caused bitter disagreement and trouble, then I would not continue to go to dinner with her.

James 3 ... But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth. 15This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

So as we read this, we examine ourselves.  If we have envy or strife, we can repent and ask God to forgive us and free ourselves through the power of God.