Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sharing with neighbor about God

Renee Bonfield - evangelist 

We have a married couple living directly above us. The wife, Denali is an emergency doctor at the hospital in our neighborhood. She was born in Sri Lanka. Her husband Sebastian was born just outside of Paris. Last evening they came to visit with us. We talked for a while and Wheeler told them that his father and other family members were born in Russia and that my people came from Poland. Wheeler and Sebastian went into the next room to talk about classical music.

I was in the living room speaking to Denali. She asked me if my parents spoke Polish. I said no. My mother was born in Boston, and my father was born in Poland. I told her that when my parents didn't want my sister or me to understand what they were saying, they spoke in Yiddish. She then asked if I practice Judaism. I said no, and told her that I had a born again experience with God. She told me that she is Catholic. Then I began to tell her all the wonderful things that God has done for me. How He healed my cancer, and how I was taken to heaven twice. She couldn't get over all the miracles and was so amazed. I told her that she didn't need to go to church to talk to God, that she could talk to Him where ever she was, and that if she chose to do so, she should read the Bible. I also explained that the Bible says that no man is to be called father except our heavenly Father, and that no man is to be called Rabbi. Because Jesus is our Rabbi.

What a wonderful evening we had.