Thursday, January 18, 2024

Podcast: When we share with the church

 

 
 
πŸ’₯ First we share God:  Share the words God has brought to you.  Share what God has done for you.  This edifies the church and honors God and shows God to the church.

As a new Christian, God worked with me as I read the Bible showing me certain scriptures and showing me the meaning of these and how they applied to me.

Matthew 16

15 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi,  asked HIS disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 HE saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed iet unto thee, but MY Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

(The "rock" is that which God has revealed to you, the word that God brings down from heaven.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When Paul shared his own thinking about something, he made it very clear it was his opinion.

I Corinthians 7

12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. 13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Paul shows us when something is a commandment of the Lord.

I Corinthians 7:10-11  And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Paul does not speak cleverly devised statements of man to entertain the church.

I Corinthians 2

1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

3 And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

4 And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Speak to edification, to education, to comfort:  we warn the church, we teach the church, we comfort the church.  (Sadly some people try to say clever things making themselves look wise to others.)

Always I check myself by this:  Will this edify the church, building the church in the faith in God.

So share God:  
  ... God told me this:
  ... God showed me this:
  ... God by HIS Holy Spirit brought this to my mind:


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯