Friday, January 26, 2024

Podcast: Following scripture. One verse at a time!

 
 


Psalm 37:4  Delight thyself also in the LORD (the Word); and HE shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Many people delight in money, taking a better paying job.

I never followed after money.  

Before I was born again and a Christian, I followed after my interests.

After I was born again, I followed after scriptures, one verse at a time.

... "Owe no man anything."  (Romans 13:8)  

So I got out of debt.  Then I felt God was leading me to stay out of debt.  Wait until I had money to pay before buying cars or buying house.  I never took out a mortgage.  God show me other ways to go.  But I remained true to that which I heard from Holy Spirit.  Resisting wisdom of world.  I rented apartment until I could pay cash for house.  (Sounds like foolishness to the world.)

It takes faith to follow God by scripture.  It is often not wise in eyes of world.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Jesus says:

Matthew 7:13-14 

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯