Wednesday, January 24, 2024

πŸ’₯ From Beth Martin

Beth Martin, member of the body of Christ

This past Thanksgiving holiday was extremely challenging for me. There were 15 guests expected. I have been ill and losing sleep makes it worse. I had been preparing for the holiday for a couple days ahead. On Thanksgiving, our children were here at 6:30 am, there was no time for a nap. Our guests came a went throughout the day, the last one arriving after 6:30 pm.
 
When I went to start cleaning up, my son was the only one that noticed and helped. By 8: 30 I was frazzled, and needed to go to bed. 
 
This has happened in the past and our sons both talked to the wives about helping. They did not help this year. I became extremely upset with them and the whole situation. I sought God diligently. After a couple of days, I heard, "You are cumbered with much serving."
 
Luke 10
 
38 Now it came to pass, as they went, that HE (JESUS) entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received HIM into her house.
 
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus' feet, and heard HIS word.
 
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost THOU not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
 
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
 
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her. 
 
As I thought about the scripture, I realized that I was depending on my daughters in law and not God. All of the worry and struggle was immediately gone. 
 
Beth Martin
 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯