Saturday, January 20, 2024

Podcast: Sometimes we allow ourselves to be upset over things that just don't matter

 

 
Recently we had some work done on our car and the man said the car would be ready on Friday or Saturday. 

It was not ready on Friday ... neither was it ready on Saturday ... They are closed on Sunday ... and the man who was assigned to do the work is not there on Mondays ... so it would be at least Tuesday before we would get the car back.

In situations like this, the flesh and devils work together to upset us, making us feel like we have been "wronged".

In this case, another man explained to me that sometimes in making changes, you run into things that you didn't expect and it delays you in the work.  That calmed me down.

Also I heard a scripture which was brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

And God brought this to my mind:  The car dealer where I bought the new car had loaned me a car until the work was completed on my car.  I really had no problem.  Just relax and go about my business.  Avoid fretting or complaining.

After that, I had no more thoughts about the unfinished car.  I continued in peace.  I had no anger in my heart toward the manager of the business who failed to fulfill his word to me.  I went forward in total peace and everyone was blessed because of my attitude.

Something can seem important when it really is not important.  And we can end up sinning and causing a lot of grief to those persons across our path.

When God intervenes, giving us a word, it changes everything.

Proverbs 13:10  Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Make peace your way of life.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯