Tuesday, January 16, 2024

πŸ’₯ From Barbara Preston:


Yesterday Pam mentioned (on the blog) that what God provides for us is so much better than what we would provide for ourselves, by doing things “our” way.

This got me thinking about the help we have in God when we turn to Him for wisdom with our problems, rather than trying to be wise in our own eyes. 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
One morning, not too long ago, I woke up and realized I was troubled about some things. As I lay there, my mind went kind of crazy imagining all kinds of awful things. I realized that I couldn’t even get out of bed and start my day!
 
I got control of myself by crying out to God asking HIM to help me. I realized that everything I was troubled about had to be taken to God. I needed to tell him everything about each concern I had…talking through every problem with Him. What my fears were, if I wanted a certain outcome, telling Him what it was. If I was angry at someone, telling Him that. Telling God everything I could think of. HE already knows everything anyway. We can’t hide anything from God.
 
So I laid in bed and talked to God until I had nothing else to say. I had cast all those cares on Him,
 
When I reached this point, I became aware that I felt like a very heavy burden had been lifted off me. I literally felt like this. And I also realized that I was able to get out of bed with a smile, looking forward to the day instead of pulling the covers over my head and laying there in misery. 
 
When we turn to God and ask for His help, we humble ourselves before God. Showing that we believe God has the wisdom we need, not us. And knowing that He will give us the very best outcome and the very best way to get there. 
 
1 Peter 5 6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that HE may exalt you in due time: 7 casting all your care upon Him; for HE careth for you.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯