Sunday, January 28, 2024

πŸ’₯ Sharing daily with the body of Christ:



πŸ’₯ Cathy Varner
 
This happened many years ago when we lived in Washington state.  Our landlords lived in the country and rented out several trailers located on their property.  They were churchgoers.  But at one point they allowed their daughter to live in one of their trailers with her boyfriend.
 
I kept having a thought to talk to them about this.  I just could not shake this thought.
 
Finally I told God that if this was HIS will, would HE please make an opportunity for me to do this.
 
Not too long after this, I was out on the property and the landlords (an older married couple) were there and asked me to come and sit with them outside near their house.  They set up some lawn chairs.  They had never done anything like this before and I knew this was my very obvious opportunity.  So I talked to them about this situation, and they seemed pretty receptive (although I don’t think they changed anything).  

The husband said something like - "It’s interesting that you’re telling me this because recently I had a dream where I was told:  Life is like a movie…..you can’t win arguing with the producer."
 
I know he felt that was from God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
πŸ’₯  Joan Boney
 
Psalm 23:1 The LORD (the word) is my shepherd, I shall not want.

shepherd:  one who takes care of sheep ... provider of food, water, safety ... and moves them from one place to another...
 
 

I John 4 ... Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God:

Is this thought really God speaking ... thoughts come from God; thoughts come from our own flesh; thoughts come from devils.  What was the source of this thought we must ask ourselves.

The apostle John says:  

1 John 4:2  Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

So what I do is simply say to that spirit:  "Do you confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?"  and when I say that I always have brought to my mind, "Yes" or "No".)

Should we be directly speaking to spirits?  I once asked God and the concept was brought to my mind:  "We speak to God directly and God is a Spirit."

And we must realize the apostle John told us in Bible not to believe every spirit that brings a thought to us ... but "try" the spirit to see if that spirit is from God.


I Corinthians 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.


2 Corinthians 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;)



πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
πŸ’₯ Pam Padgett

Today when feeling rather overwhelmed with various things needing to be done, I was reminded of the the last part of Hebrews 13:5  

Hebrews 13:5 ... for HE hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

God is there to help me, to show me what really needs to be done, what order to do them, and how to do those things.

This helped me calm down, and also encourages me to talk with God about each thing, seeking HIS wisdom. 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
πŸ’₯  Juliett Walton

I was diagnosed with kidney failure. I went to a medical appointment yesterday. I had a ride for that appointment and was not in pain or discomfort. I took the bus back home and while waiting enjoyed watching the people as they went by. 
 
Last night I got into bed and put on a cassette tape to listen to as I went to sleep. It was a tape of the scriptures from the Bible that I was reminded of or scriptures Joan spoke of..(2018).

One scripture that caught my attention was Matthew 18:3-4  And said, Verily I (Jesus) say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. 
Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

I looked that scripture up this morning and read it. There was a note with that scripture from Joan. "A child is totally dependent his father, God, and follows Him."


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


πŸ’₯  Sandra Chupik
 
2 Cor. 10:3-4  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) 


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

πŸ’₯ Barbara Preston

Earlier tonight I listened to the Podcast where Joan talked about putting our trust in God rather than money. Following the voice of God above all, when making our decisions.

Last year my husband and I considered moving from where we live now closer to my children because of a stroke he had.

We ended up not having to do that as his condition stabilized and he continues to do well.

One thing I was so grateful for, when we were making this decision about whether to move or stay, was that our house is paid for. We have never had a mortgage on it. And having no mortgage or debt, of any kind, made us free to do whatever we felt we wanted to do.

I remember Joan speaking a Word many years ago (1980) which she had heard from God which was …  "Get out of debt and stay out of debt. "

That Word strongly stayed with me and I am sure I also shared it with my husband years ago. We had obeyed that Word for years so we had no debt, plus, I think we were fortunate because our parents had always lived debt free and we were used to this.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

 
πŸ’₯  Sandy Kern
 
In all thy ways acknowledge Him (God), and HE shall direct thy paths.  Proverbs 3:6

One definition I found for acknowledge was to give thanks for...

acknowledge:  (Oxford Dictionary; Cambridge Dictionary; Merriam-Webster Dictionary)

* accept or admit the existence or truth of 
* accept or admit the fact or importance of or quality of
* accept gratitude  for or appreciation of
* to show to others that one admits the truth of God and the existence of God
* to admit to the authority of or status of God
* to show knowledge of and a better understanding for God


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
 
πŸ’₯  Linda Rodgers  
 
Matthew 5:10   Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


(Comments by Joan Boney)

God's instruction in the Holy Bible for every member of the body of Christ:

Hebrews 3:13  But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 10:25-26  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

(We'd be happy if you shared things of God or scriptures with us.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯