Sunday, January 28, 2024

πŸ’₯ They were puffed up against Jesus in HIS own country

 
Matthew 13

53 And it came to pass, that when Jesus had finished these parables, HE departed thence.

54 And when HE was come into HIS own country, HE taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?

55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?  56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?

57 And they were offended in HIM. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in HIS own country, and in HIS own house.

58 And HE did not many mighty works there because of their unbelief.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Comments by Joan Boney:  I was in a neighborhood prayer group at one point in time.  God often gave me spiritual gifts: Word of Knowledge.  I Corinthians 12

Once the leader of the group said,  "God is no respecter of persons.  If HE will give a Word to Joan Boney HE will give a Word to me."  

But God speaks to whom HE wills.  (And the person to whom HE speaks shares what HE said.)

***

At one point, I sent my writings to a woman that I went to high school with.  She is a Methodist.  She asked me to please not send her any more writings.  I didn't  But God gave me a dream about her.  In this dream she was reading the Bible.  (I rejoiced!)

Another woman, Baptist, asked me if I thought Shirley was a Christian, after I shared that Shirley asked me not to send any more of my writings.  I told Wynette about the dream God gave to me that Shirley was reading the Bible! (comforting to me)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


CHURCH GATHERING IN COLORADO SPRINGS:  July 22-26, 2024

We would love to have you join us!

We are going to try to conduct these meetings as Paul said to do when we gather as the church:

I Corinthians 14:26  How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm (prayer), hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯