Thursday, January 18, 2024

πŸ’₯ Led by God by a frightening dream

Pam Padgett, member of the body of Christ

A few days ago I had a dream in which I saw flames of fire coming from the basement of the house where I was.  Of course this dream was startling and frightening. When I woke, I went to the basement of my house to see if there was anything of concern but I saw nothing unusual there.  
 
I prayed, asking God for wisdom about this dream, and what, if anything, I could do to be spared a fire like this.  I didn't hear anything to do at that time.

A day or two after having this dream, I was drying a load of clothes in the clothes dryer and realized it stopped before the cycle was finished.  When I noticed this a little while later, I pressed the "start" button and the dryer completed the cycle.  This happened again while drying another load of clothes.  This had never happened before, but I didn't think much of it.  It didn't occur to me that this could indicate that the dryer had overheated. 
 
Monday evening, I tried to dry just a few pieces of clothing, and they didn't get dry.  I finally took them out of the dryer to air dry.  And, even though the clothes were not dry, I noticed a "hot" smell that seemed to be coming from the area where the dryer sits.  
 
I thought I might need a new clothes dryer and began asking God about this and where I should go to purchase one.  
 
As I was talking with God about this on Tuesday morning, however, I was reminded of the dream I had had in which flames were coming from the basement.  And I was given the thought to have the dryer vent cleaned.  (The dryer vent runs through the ceiling of the basement.)

I didn't know who to call to clean the dryer vent, so prayed about this and was reminded of the "Next Door" website in which people in this community share information such as this.  There was one dryer vent cleaning service that a lot of people especially recommended.  When I called that company, I was told they could come the following afternoon.  I was so happy and grateful to God that they could come so soon.  

The man sent to clean the dryer vent was fairly new at this company and soon called for help.  A man who I think is the company's owner came to help.  This second man explained that they only see a dryer vent setup like mine 2-3 times a year, and because of this he recommended that I have the vent cleaned every 12-18 months.  I recalled it has been a few years since I had hired anyone to come clean the dry vent, and that previous cleanings didn't take very long and seemed rather superficial to me.  
 
The men who came this week worked at least an hour and it was obvious that the dryer vent was thoroughly cleaned.  They also put a new hookup on the dryer and made sure it was secure.  The dryer vent hookup has never been secured like this in the past. 

I'm so grateful to God not only for leading me in who to call to have the dryer vent cleaned, but also for giving me the dream about flames coming from the basement in the first place, and then reminding me of this to show me that the dryer vent needed to be cleaned. 

Sometimes we are given dreams by God that are frightening, but are for our benefit, warning us, guiding us, showing us what to do.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯