Sunday, January 14, 2024

πŸ’₯ From Barbara ...


Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ  
 
Phil. 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
 
I have been working on making some decorating changes to our home. Focusing on some of the smaller things not necessarily changing everything. But adding some color and upgrading things that are looking worn. 
 
It is definitely a fun project for me. 
 
Yesterday I was thinking how easy this is for me to do using the internet. 

And I have noticed over the years how God will bring something to my attention before I know I will need it or want to have it.    

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
One day on TV, I saw a commercial for a website for Bed Bath & Beyond. I didn’t even know they had a website but, for some reason, it caught my attention. A little later when I became interested in redecorating, I remembered this and downloaded their website and use it quite a bit. And there are others also. So I can find plenty of choices for things I like and can do it while sitting comfortably at home. 

God says:  Isaiah 45:2  I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:
 
(And this is especially important to me as I have leg pain when I walk so having to go from store to store trying to find things I like would be impossible for me to do.)
 
I know we all use the internet and are thankful that God created it, especially if we are older and have a harder time getting around than we used to. I think about this a lot and thank God for providing the blessings I have in my life. 
 
The people of the world look at and praise the men who “invented” these things we need and use everyday and that are such an important part of our lives. And I realize they do this because it is all they know to do. But those of us who belong to God know that our blessings and our help flow from God.
 
And I don’t ever want to forget that. 
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯
 
Comments by Joan Boney
 
I so appreciated reading this.
 
It is important to upgrade when we have money to do so.
 
It provides a "spark" that helps us.
 
πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯