Friday, June 17, 2022

πŸ’₯ Problems with the cost of fuel, food, housing or anything else today?


Daily we can hear the TV news speak of problems people are having in USA with the price of fuel, food, housing, and the rise projected in interest rates.

Yesterday I asked Pam Padgett if she has problem with any of these things and she said, "No ... I do not."

How can that be?

Pam has been born again since the years she was in high school.  She has learned to follow God by HIS Spirit and she tries to follow the Word of God as she lives on this present earth.

Pam took an early retirement from Fed Ex where she was a computer programmer.

At that time, someone asked Pam how she could afford to lose all that salary by taking an early retirement.  Pam said, "I have no debt."  (no car payments, no mortgages, no debt of any kind.)

The way of the world is to live by debt.

Yesterday the Fed announced a large raise in interest rates.  That will not matter if you have no debt. 

I am almost 85 years old.  I live at the home of Pam Padgett.  She didn't want me to pay her any money to live here but I insisted and I pay $1000 per month.  I have no debt and have been out of debt since I was born again in 1975.  I sold my house in Texas in 2020.  Most of the money I received personally is in the bank.  I have almost no personal expenses since I no longer have upkeep on the Texas house.  I no longer drive and I do not have a car.  Pam and I both have more money since we consolidated our housing.  When you are out of debt and have few expenses you can live very well on a small monthly income!

Debt is really the problem.

The apostle Paul tells us:

1 Timothy 6

6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

8 And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;

19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I would really hate to live the way I see people of this world live.  But I know many who are Christians live as this world lives and their lives are greatly burdened because of this.

If I were in debt, I would seek God and ask HIM to help me to get free from all debt.

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.  


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯