Wednesday, June 29, 2022

πŸ’₯ Jesus was tempted in all ways like as we are, yet without sin. (Heb. 14:15)

 
Luke 4

1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

In Jordan, Jesus had been baptized. And the Holy Spirit remained on Jesus, said John the Baptist.

Matthew 3

13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.

14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of THEE, and comest THOU to me?

15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered HIM.

16 And Jesus, when HE  was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto HIM, and HE saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon HIM:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is MY beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

John 1

32 And John (the Baptist) bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon HIM.

33 And I knew HIM not: but HE that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on HIM, the same is HE which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.


(And after Jesus was baptized, the Holy Spirit led HIM into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.)

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 4

1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.

2 And when HE had fasted forty days and forty nights, HE was afterward an hungred.

3 And when the tempter (the devil) came to HIM, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

4 But HE answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

5 Then the devil taketh HIM up into the holy city, and setteth HIM on a pinnacle of the temple,

6 And saith unto HIM, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, HE shall give HIS angels charge concerning THEE: and in their hands they shall bear THEE up, lest at any time THOU dash THY foot against a stone.

7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

***

Tempting God and misusing scripture in boasting:

A church going woman came to visit my mother and left her purse in her unlocked car.  My mother warned her that she had left her purse.  But she boasted, "God would never allow anyone to steal my purse."  And she continued into my mother's house without her purse, leaving her purse in her unlocked car.

When they came out of my mother's house, the purse had been stolen.

I heard people boast that God would never allow them to get Coronavirus in 2020 when it hit.  They were going to church regardless.  Many got Coronavirus and some even died according to TV news report.

Boasting is evil:

James 4

13 Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:

14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.

16 But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil.

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

It is good to take precaution, as possible, when a plague is upon the land. 

God is in us at all times by HIS Holy Spirit.  We do not have to go to a church building to have God with us.  

Such things as praying on the football field to be seen of other men is a sin.  

Jesus even told us: 

Matthew 6

5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

(Once I saw a group of people standing in the front yard of their house across the street from my house.  They were in a circle holding hands with their heads bowed obviously praying.  They could have done this in the back yard which was fenced with a 6 ft wooden fence, but then people couldn't have seen them do their prayer.  This is sin.  There were small children in the circle being taught to do this by the adults.  I was hoping my next door neighbor didn't see this for she expressed hatred toward God and this would likely have caused her to hate God even more.)

7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask HIM.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Matthew 4

8 Again, the devil taketh HIM up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth HIM all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

9 And saith unto HIM, All these things will I give THEE, if THOU wilt fall down and worship me.

10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and HIM only shalt thou serve.

Mark 8:36-37   Jesus says:  For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?


Matthew 4:11 Then the devil leaveth HIM, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto HIM.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 1982, I heard this from God.  "The time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God."

Then God showed me sins that were being committed by some of the big-time TV ministers.

When I presented this to these ministers, I couldn't get the message past their office staff, so God led me to present the message on my radio broadcasts which were on several radio stations in USA.  Then the message reached these ministers.  About 1/2 of my stations put me off the air.  Enormous "hate" mail poured into our office from the church followers of these TV ministers.  Persecution from church goers was so severe that God gave me a dream showing me not to go out for my own meetings until I saw "Exodus 15", so I cancelled all meetings which I had planned for the radio audience across the USA.

One night while I was sleeping God gave me a dream.  An angel was at my bedside with a healing balm.  It was as if I had been shot directly in the stomach area by a shotgun.  There were holes all over my stomach.  That angel began applying a healing balm to the wounds and it felt so good.

(As I read Matthew 4:11  Then the devil leaveth HIM, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto HIM, I was reminded of that angel that came to help me when I was persecuted during the early 1980's.  Therefore I am sharing this dream with you to allow you to know that in difficult times, if needed, God might even send an angel to minister to you.)


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯