Sunday, June 5, 2022

Podcast: Quench not the Spirit (1 Thess.5)

 
 
 
 
We quench the Holy Spirit of God when we are reminded of a scripture or concept of God and fail to speak or write that information.

When I am with another person, and am reminded of a scripture, I share that scripture, knowing it was the Holy Spirit who reminded me of that scripture.

John 14:26   Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

HE simply reminds me of something God wants spoken, and I yield to the Holy Spirit and speak that scripture or tell that story.

Often before I meet with another person, I pray that God have me speak only that which HE wants me to speak.

When I write, I do the same thing.

Then when I am reminded of something, I speak, for I believe it to be God's will.

If I failed to speak when the Holy Spirit reminded me, I would quench the Spirit.

The apostle Paul says:  I Thessalonians 5:19  Quench not the Spirit.
 

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯