Friday, June 10, 2022

πŸ’₯ As Christ suffered for us, we often suffer as we speak the Word of God by the Spirit of Jesus to carry salvation to them.

 
I Peter 3

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that HE might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also HE went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

22 Who is gone into heaven, and is on the right hand of God; angels and authorities and powers being made subject unto HIM.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

We suffer in the flesh each time we yield to the Holy Spirit and bring that Word to other people as is called to our memory by the Holy Spirit.  

The Holy Spirit will remind us of a scripture or a concept which God has taught us and as we are reminded of that by the Holy Spirit, we speak that to the people we are with, bringing glory to God, The Word.

John 14:26  Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

As we are reminded of the Word by the Holy Spirit, we yield to the Holy Spirit speaking that to the people.

They speak of the thoughts of this world and sin in pride of this world.  We suffer because of their word which they speak for that word is darkness and we are light in Christ.  So we, like Jesus, suffer for their sins, that we might show them another way and bring them to God by the Word which is given to us by the Holy Spirit as HE reminds us of that Word while we are with them.

We do not speak of ourselves and of our planning.  We rest in God and speak that Word which God wants spoken.  We know what God wants us to speak when we are with them because the Holy Spirit brings to our mind that which God wants us to speak and we yield to the Holy Spirit.

This does the real work of God, not of ourselves but of God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Here is an example:

My mother has always followed after horoscopes.

I was visiting her and opened her kitchen cabinet and saw some coffee mugs which had Zodiac designs printed on them.  I had given these to her before I was born again.

I didn't say a word.  I just got a garbage bag and began putting the mugs into the bag.

My mother was watching me and said, "What are you doing?  I want to keep those.  You gave them to me."

I did not say a word.  I just continued putting the mugs into the trash bag.  

Then I took the bag that was filled with the horoscope mugs to the garbage dumpster at the back of the house and broke the mugs and threw them into the trash bin.

When I went back into the house, I didn't say a word to my mother who was sitting there watching me.

I went into my bedroom and brought a Bible back and began reading this scripture to my mother.

Deuteronomy 18

9 When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.

10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,

11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.

My mother sat there silently after I read these scriptures.  

Then she said, "Well ... I guess we'd better not do these things anymore."

With those words, my mother was "born again" changed instantly as she gave up and renounced her way and took God's way by HIS Word which I read to her that day.

After I returned to the city where I lived, I received a letter from my uncle.  He said, "Your mother's changed!  She's really changed."

Born again is change caused by God by The Word.

2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

We speak that Word which is brought to our mind by the Holy Spirit and we do that which we are shown to do by the Holy Spirit ... "and signs follow."

Jesus said:

John 5:30  I can of MINE own self do nothing: as I hear (from God), I judge: and MY judgment is just; because I seek not MINE own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent ME

We follow the Holy Spirit of God who brings to our memory scripture and conceptsWe speak that Word and do that instruction from the Spirit of God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯