Sunday, June 26, 2022

πŸ’₯ God always helps us!

Barbara Preston, member of the body of Christ

On the blog today listening to the podcast about the different ways in which the devil temps us and how turning to God is our help, reminded me of a dream I had years ago.

There was a small house which I knew was my house. At the front door was a creature who looked like the grinch from the Dr. Seuss story of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”

But I knew he was the devil.

He was trying to come in the front door of the house but couldn’t get in, so he went around to the back door and tried to get in that way.

I thought about how the devil comes to us, to try and destroy us, and if he can’t get in one way, he will try some other way.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

On another topic …

Being born again, we know how God helps us in both spiritual ways and secular ways.

Earlier this year I needed a new winter robe to put on when getting ready for bed.

I had 2 of them already but I started noticing how the fabric on them irritated my skin and bothered me.

I can’t say that I remember praying about this but am pretty sure I did.

I looked on Amazon first because that was so easy to do and found a winter robe that was described as plush and I liked the way it looked so I ordered one.

When it arrived and I put it on, I loved it. Even the color was beautiful and it was so soft and comfortable … just exactly what I wanted but better. So I ordered a second one in another color and since getting them, I wear one of them every night even though it is summertime.

These robes make me so happy and thankful to God. When I think about how He had people make them and how they were so easily available to me.

I am so grateful to have these. And, at night, when I go to the closet to put one on, I am happy and grateful all over again!
 
When I think how carefully and completely God takes care of us and provides for us, it is truly amazing!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯


Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to HIS riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

(Comments by Joan Boney:)

I had something similar happen this year.

When summer came, I needed a cooler robe.  I found one on Amazon and ordered it.  The material didn't hurt my body so I ordered 4 more robes exactly the same so we could keep them laundered.  

When I was in hospital in Lubbock in 2019, they said I had "shingles".  I had a lot of trouble with materials irritating my skin.  I prayed and asked God to provide some material that didn't hurt so much.  HE led me to select one item and when I found it to work for me I ordered  4 more exactly the same so we could keep them clean.  I'm so thankful for these robes and I know God led me to exactly what would help me.

God supplies "all" our need!


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯