Saturday, June 25, 2022

πŸ’₯ As a Christian, my kingdom is not of this world.


Jesus said of HIMSELF:

John 18:36   MY kingdom is not of this world: if MY kingdom were of this world, then would MY servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is MY kingdom not from hence.

We are only temporary observers of this present world.  When Jesus returns we will be removed from this world and we will be given new spiritual bodies which are not subject to pain, or sorrow, or death, or other emotions of this fleshly body.

I Corinthians 15

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep (die), but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Blink:  That is how fast we will be removed from this fleshly body and changed into our new spiritual body.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

When we have these concepts, we do not cling to this world and our human bodies as do people who know only this world.

And we know everything we can see with our natural eyes will be destroyed by God at the end of this world, so these things that will be destroyed by God do not have the importance to us that they once had before God revealed these things to us.

As Christians we are simply waiting for the return of Jesus when HE changes us into our new spiritual bodies and removes us from this present earth which will be destroyed by God.

2 Peter 3

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to HIS promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of HIM in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Peter shows us that which is important to us as we wait for the return of Jesus.  When Jesus returns, we should be found by HIM to be in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Therefore we do not sorrow as the pagans sorrow for our hope is in the resurrection.

I Thessalonians 4:13  But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep (dead), that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

We are not out there in graveyards decorating graves as the pagans who have no hope.

We know that dead person is asleep and doesn't even know what we are doing.

We are not focused on governments of men as if this present world is forever.  We work to live in peace, knowing this is very temporary.

James 4:14  ... For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Our hope is not in that which men of this world do but rather our hope and assurance is in what God does in that which pertains to us!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Therefore Jesus says to us:

John 14:27   Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

I look at that which this world is currently doing and saying, but my kingdom is not of this world so I know it really doesn't matter to me for I am "dead to this world and alive to God" and HE will remove me from this world at some point in time.

I also know what the prophet Isaiah said as he spoke as the mouth of God:

Isaiah 65:17  For, behold, I (God) create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

At the end, this earth will not even come to my mind!

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

So I see them fight, and argue, and protest, and try to get what they want for this world is their kingdom.

But this world is not my kingdom.

Colossians 3

1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with HIM in glory.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

And I am assured of this:  As long as God chooses to leave me here on this earth, God will supply all my needs.   (Phil. 4:19)

If I need to move, God will move me.

If I need to stay still, God will have me stay still.

So as this world frets over things of this world, I know God will take care of me as long as HE chooses to leave me here.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯