Friday, June 3, 2022

πŸ’₯ God goes before us and makes the crooked places straight!

 
Here is a promise of God which I find valid for us today

Isaiah 45:2  I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight: I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:

It is a great comfort to us to know that God has gone before us and fixed everything.

I've had many experiences in my life where that has happened.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

By the time I was 81-years-old most of my own blood relatives were dead.

On December 6, 2018, I fell at my house in Texas.  As the ambulance workers rolled me past my front door to take me to hospital, I heard these words from God:  "You'll never see this house again."

I had no doubt that God had another plan for me but I didn't know what that plan was.

Romans 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to HIS purpose.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In the hospital, the day before surgery, a nurse came to my room.  She said, "Before we can do surgery, you must sign these papers naming someone who will be in charge of you in case you cannot communicate with us."

Without any thought at all about this, I answered her immediately saying, "Pam Padgett is in charge of me."

(It must be that God had planted this in my heart because I had never before thought of who would be in charge of me if I was unable to be in charge of myself.)

One of our church group was standing in the room when nurse asked me this question and when I named Pam as being in charge of me.  This woman was shocked.  She responded:  "How can Pam be in charge? She doesn't even live here.  She is 450 miles away."

I replied:  "I don't know how she can be but she is."

This church woman called Pam and said, "Joan said you are in charge of her."

Pam replied, "OK."

At the time this happened, Pam was involved in a project to remodel the downstairs of her house in Colorado.  It had come into her heart to turn one of the downstairs rooms into a bedroom and to turn her downstairs 1/2 bath into a full bath.

During time I was in rehabilitation hospitals (2-1/2 months), Pam flew from Denver to Lubbock, Texas, 3 or 4 times to help me with medical issues, locating a rehabilitation hospital for me, helping me to get to surgeon's office.

Pam met with my contractor after I put the house up for sale.  Pam arranged for an "estate sale" where a business would sell items of furniture and things I did not want to keep.  My contractor moved furniture I wanted to keep to storage.

Pam finished her construction project of adding bedroom/bath downstairs, in January, 2019.  I moved into that downstairs area when I was released from hospital February 24, 2019.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

God goes before us and makes the crooked places straight.

God will put in our hearts that which we need to do.  Or God might give us a dream to show us that which is coming.

We do those things appropriate to that which is in our heart or to that which God has shown us.

And when the need is there, the action has already been done.

Ephesians 3:20  Now unto HIM that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The power that works in us is the Holy Spirit of God who does the following for us:

John 14:26  Jesus says:  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in MY name, HE shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

John 16:13  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever he shall hear (from God), that shall he speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The husband of a woman in our church group was retiring.  They put their house up for sale in Houston, Texas.  Someone made an offer, but her husband wanted to wait and try to get more money.  But it was in her heart to take the offer and take less money.  She told this to her husband and he agreed and they sold the house and moved to Virginia.

After the house sold, a financial crisis hit the USA housing market.

The bottom fell out of the housing market with prices of housing dropping considerably and sales of real estate ceasing, for most part!

God knows future and God cares for us.  We follow God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Psalm 23

1 The LORD (The Word) is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 HE maketh me to lie down in green pastures: HE leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 HE restoreth my soul: HE leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for HIS name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for THOU art with me; THY rod and THY staff they comfort me.

5 THOU preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: THOU anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD (The Word of God) with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge HIM (pray, discussing all plans with God) 
and HE shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD (The Word), and depart from evil.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Philippians 4

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

In 2021, one afternoon, I was bombarded with destructive thoughts:  "You're 83 ... what if it gets to where you can't walk?  You won't be able to live here.  What if this happens?"

I cried out to God:  "God help me!"

Instantly this was brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit of God:  "God will provide all your needs."

"That's right!" exclaimed,  "God will supply all my needs."  I rejoiced in the word of God and in God's truth to us.

Philippians 4:19  But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (The Word).

Live in peace through God.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯