Monday, June 20, 2022

πŸ’₯ The church is built on that WORD that comes down from heaven.

 
Matthew 16

13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, HE asked HIS disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

14 And they said, Some say that THOU art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

15 HE saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but MY Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

"The Rock" is that Word that comes down from heaven and the church is built upon THAT Rock.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

For the past week or so, I've been dealing with spiritual warfare.

I awaken and think, "I don't want to read the Bible."

(When devils bring thoughts to us, it seems like they are our thoughts.)

I've begun to try that spirit that would cause me to think I don't want to read the Bible.

It flees from me when it is "tried".  It is not that "I" don't want to read the Bible.  That devil doesn't want me to read the Bible.

Be aware of this.  Devils will stop us when we allow them to do so.

Just say, "Do you confess that Jesus is comes in the flesh?"  and you will find out the source of that thought.

(There is a spirit which makes us think we don't want to read the Bible.  Jesus says:  Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink HIS blood, ye have no life in you.  Jn.  6:53)

When we read the Bible we eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus and have life in us.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯