Friday, June 17, 2022

πŸ’₯ Jesus says: Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.


How do we do this?

God delivered the children of Israel with mighty works and led them out of Egypt.  They spoke of these deliverances caused by God to their children and their children's children.  They spoke of the works done by God on their behalf when they spoke with strangers.  

We glorify God when we tell of that which God has done for us.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

Examples:

Several years ago, I was driving down the street and had stopped at a signal light.  A pick up truck pulled up beside me.  It was carrying a load of firewood.  I began thinking:  "I wish I had a wood burning fireplace at my house instead of gas logs."  And as I thought on this, to my mind came the following word from the Holy Spirit of God.  "You can have this!"  

Prior to this, I had never considered having my fireplace changed to wood burning.  But after hearing this I took immediate steps to remove the gas logs and to switch to wood burning.

I Corinthians 2:12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

The Holy Spirit reveals to us those things which are approved by God so when I hear such as this, I know God approves my doing this.

After I made this change, one of my friends saw what I had done and she really liked it.  I told her the entire story and how God showed me I could do this.  Therefore I made this change because of that which God showed me.

Later I heard this woman tell what I had done but she left God out of the story.  I went to them and explained the entire story and included how God spoke to my mind by HIS Spirit showing me I could do this thing at my house.

It glorifies God when we reveal to others what God has shown us.

πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯

The Holy Spirit glorifies Jesus when HE brings to our mind things of God.

John 16:13-14  Jesus says:  Howbeit when HE, the Spirit of truth, is come, HE will guide you into all truth: for HE shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever HE shall hear (from God), that shall HE speak: and HE will shew you things to come.

14 HE shall glorify ME: for HE shall receive of Mine, and shall shew it unto you.

When we speak of the works we have done we glorify ourselves.

But when we speak of that which God has done for us we glorify God and Jesus.  Those who are of God will rejoice in God with us when we share that which God has done. Although those of the world will often hate and despise us when we speak of God.  Nevertheless the Bible exhorts us to glorify God and suffer the shame of the world as Jesus suffered the shame of this world.  As we speak of that which God has done, we do suffer the shame of this world, for this world hates God.


πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯